Learning C++

Discuss anything programming related.
Gary

Learning C++

Post by Gary »

I want to learn C++, I would assume that you guys would know where I could learn it, there are a lot of sites I found on Google, but most of them are a complicated or just don't explain things in a easy understandable way.

At the moment I am just learning this to rewrite files that our engine(E2) uses to understand how weapons, physics, vehicles, etc. should be treated, the files are written in C++ or at least that's what my computer says, if you want I could supply a example.

So do you guys have any suggestions or anything that could help me fulfill this goal?
Last edited by Gary on Tue May 19, 2009 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click16

Re: Learning C++

Post by Click16 »

its not "eta." its "etc." and ask penguin about C++. he can point you toward tutorials
Gary

Post by Gary »

Click16 wrote:its not "eta." its "etc."
You forgot to capitalize your "i".
Click16 wrote: and ask penguin about C++. he can point you toward tutorials
Yeah, I saw he posted links to video tutorials, as much as I would like to use video ones, I am cursed with a bandwidth limit and slow internet speeds, so I have to read text tutorials.
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

if you want i got some codes for ya to check out, there pritty simple as they are games and math type apps. give me a pm or ask if ya want it in code format here if interested
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Start with something simple like C#. Also keep in mind you wont have intellisense kissing your ass when using C++.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Find some e-books. And maybe try some DirectX programming. You can download the SDK from Microsoft. It has a great documentation.