[AI Zones] DeltaBattles - Beta v 1.1

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Click16

[AI Zones] DeltaBattles - Beta v 1.1

Post by Click16 »

Hey everyone! This is a map that I have been working on for 4 days. This AI map contains Covenant and Marines.

This is the first beta so yeah. The final release will be more like a "map."

Also:
Green Team = Covenant (as usual...)
Yellow Team = Marines (as usual...)

Final Release may include:
Nightvision sniper
Darken Map
Fog
HUD Edits
Models

i = Maybe...

Covenant:
Elite
Grunts
Jackals
Hunters

Marines:
Marines

Notes:

You need Yelo to enable AI
This is System Link Compatible
The AI Respawn Script is not added so you have to make it so you can have more then one round.

Here are some pictures:

Download
NotZachary82

Re: [AI Zones] DeltaBattles - Beta v 1.1

Post by NotZachary82 »

They look kind of ... retarded.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

They are kinda retarded but at least they fight!
Gary

Post by Gary »

Sadly, the AI in halo2 is retarded...
Though, the best thing for the marines, use the char of a elite for them...
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

I don't see any examples of AI Zones... Not a single one looked like it moved in the pics.

I'm guessing that will come next?

About the AI, I have a custom [char] somewhere for Spartans for my canceled squad campaign, it might work in MP since it isn't as picky as SP... Assuming the plug-ins I used were correct.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I think AI should stay in campaign. They just don't work right in multiplayer, especially Halo 2.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Hmm, you need to tweak them. I'll give you mt plugin and show you how.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Though, I am not sure halo2 is the same as some other games, but in SP isn't there nodes or info pointers for the AI to see?

As in there is one behind a box, so the AI can see it, and will take cover behind it?

Much like half life 2 http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Info_node_hint ?
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Nodegraph

Though, we don't have even close to as good as HL2 modders do, they got the app that was made for HL2 maps...
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

No. AI use Zones, when they are in a zone they know were objects are that they can collide with. You just need to use the plugin I made and tweak them. It's a good thing it was combined with the scnr xzodia used... Not. <_<
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Congratulations on a successful rebuild with AI. I could never get AI to work.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I could try to help you some day eaton. I may just give it a try in 7 since its very similar to vista...

Also i copied Offset 212 or also known as Unknown 16 (In H2Core)

Pic proof:
neodos

Post by neodos »

Guys should maybe just move into another game to mod like Crysis or Half life 2 its way better to mod it has official tools and work very well :mrgreen:
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Shock120 wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:No. AI use Zones, when they are in a zone they know were objects are that they can collide with. You just need to use the plugin I made and tweak them. It's a good thing it was combined with the scnr xzodia used... Not. <_<
Isn't that alone, wrong?
They also need [sbsp] offset 212 - Pathfinding Preferences to recognise collision, which is hard to add to an MP BSP. :(
(Maybe you forgot :wink: )
No I didnt forget :roll: And that is both true and false. The AI can still see objects on the map even if the pathfinding chunk is not calcuated for that map. I belive they know when they are in an objects bounding box, and can move away.
((N8))

Post by ((N8)) »

neodos wrote:Guys should maybe just move into another game to mod like Crysis or Half life 2 its way better to mod it has official tools and work very well :mrgreen:
Mb cuz part of the fun is having stuff not work EXACTLY the way you want it to and finding ways to alter things or even making new apps to overcome the challenges... idk, just a thought :p
JacksonCougar wrote:Sheep.
...how could you just go and change a quote like that? lol...
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

neodos wrote:Guys should maybe just move into another game to mod like Crysis or Half life 2 its way better to mod it has official tools and work very well :mrgreen:
I guaranty half of the people on remnant would struggle to get Crysis running, I had to set some things to medium to get rid of the random low fps.

If the ai can interact with blocs on the map, would making the entire map out of blocs make the ai more reactive to objects instead of walking into them?
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
Gary

Post by Gary »

I hate how I must use a command line just compile models... 3ds/maya > .QC > (through some sdk command) > .mdl
Though, I think there is one some made, that has a GUI.
Do you mod with the Source engine?

@Topic
There no ODSTs??
You got to add flood, and pods to drop down soldiers... as, you could make a flood pod come from the sky then it lands and spawns a flood combat form and a few flood spores.
Just;
1. Create and Model a projectile
2. Make an effect spawn an [char] through the attachment reflective
3. Spawn the projectile through the same method as active scenery pointing down from the sky
4. Have it so on impact, the effect spawns the flood needed.
Though, I am unsure though this method that the AI i son a team, I believe the bipeds or chars have a default team so it may work.

I came up with this idea, so, if you need anything, just hit me up on AIM, MSN, or YIM.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

xxpenguinxx wrote: I guaranty half of the people on remnant would struggle to get Crysis running.
I could run that game without setting any restrictions on my 128mb video card easily.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Ok, enough about modding other games, if we must talk about modding a other game, go start a topic about it in the cafe or the Gamer's Corner.

Anyways I got 512MB in mine
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Gjsdeath wrote:Ok, enough about modding other games, if we must talk about modding a other game, go start a topic about it in the cafe or the Gamer's Corner.

Anyways I got 512MB in mine
Or we could talk about putting the other weapons from the other games we mod into halo. I think that would get this mod's rating up.