AI in MP xbe patch issue

Shadow07

AI in MP xbe patch issue

Post by Shadow07 »

I know no one is around but I've been fooling around with halo 2 modding again for the first time since I was 15. I RGH'ed an xbox 360 and I'm installing all the old mappacks on it. I'm having trouble getting the Remapped AI Revision pack to run. I've patched the xbe using Grimdoomer's patch from halomods because you cannot use yelo on the 360. The game boots but freezes at the main menu. Anyone have any ideas?
Click16

Re: AI in MP xbe patch issue

Post by Click16 »

I have never tried modding Halo 2 on Xbox 360 so I can't help at all, sorry :(
Shadow07

Post by Shadow07 »

Man I am still fighting with this. I've read somewhere that you have to be running halo 2 1.5 to get the mappack to run? I've tried everything to update halo 2 on the 360 but can't get anything going. Every time I load halo 2 it loads up 1.0. I've tried replacing the default.xbe with update.xbe (renamed to default), and no dice. Am I the only one in the world trying to mod halo 2 on the 360?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Its generally accepted that you should mod under 1.0 xbe to avoid issues in the updates, if you want the dlc maps, you can add them to the mainmenu
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Shadow07

Post by Shadow07 »

XZodia wrote:Its generally accepted that you should mod under 1.0 xbe to avoid issues in the updates, if you want the dlc maps, you can add them to the mainmenu

Got it to update by placing contentmeta.xbx, update.xbe (renamed to default.xbe), and dashupdate.xbe in the game folder.

No dice on the AI mappack, but now I do have a Halo 2 1.5 I can use if need be for xlink, lan parties etc, along side my modded halo 2 with several maps added to the menu.

I tried booting up xored and it launches on the 360, recognizes the trainer and lets me change options, but crashes on launching the game. It's likely an issue with the limitations on xbox emulation. I've heard that og xbox trainers can be made for the 360. Likely what this will take is producing an xbox360 clone of yelo which is going to be well beyond my ability.

Gonna have to find another option. I found a dude who supposedly got AI going on ibotmods in like 2011 who said he was going to write a tut but never did.