Jmad Editing

DoorM4n

Jmad Editing

Post by DoorM4n »

So the vehicle I have been working on is making great progress (mainly due to XZodia), but I have seemed to have forgotten how to change jmads. I went through the plugin I have and I am confused on what I saw. I have done jmad swapping and rotations--but it didnt look familiar.

Basically, I need to make my warthog_d into an upright, standing. It also required to make him use his rifle also.

What are my options here?

Thanks for the answers!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Jmad Editing

Post by XZodia »

Well I don't know how to do the edit, but you'll want the lower half of the body to use the turret animation and the upper half to be normal/passenger I expect.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Go to Characters/masterchief/masterchief and copy the animations chunk you want over the one your replacing, Example: copy animations chunk 14 (turret_idle) over animation chunk 8 (banshee_d:unarmed:idle).
I use the old meta editor to look up which chunks i need, i hope this helps, this process is how i made my character swordlunge with the oddball (glowing yellow football) in a mod i made.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Awesome, that is sounding familiar to what I did in Sky Resort. Ill see what havoc I can cause in that tag. =)
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Ogrish, did you release that mod? Did the lunge work at any time or only with an enemy in the crosshairs?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I think i released it, and it worked with someone in the crosshairs.
I remember using the sniper recticle while testing with friends and lunging across the whole map just for fun.
Origanally i had done this in an attempt at a spiderman mod, where i removed JPT damage, making it a sword cancel, and tried to make the recticle lock on surfaces, but i never got it working to my liking.
Edit: It was in my area 51 mod, that i never completed, Heres the patch.
Attachments
Area_51.serenity
(8.72 MiB) Downloaded 268 times
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Does anyone have any ideas why my jmads are erasing themselves? I literally am editing them, saving, testing, works perfectly, then make other edits and the jmads edits are erased. Im using Entity UE1.6. Plugin I suppose?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

It kind of sounds like you're not saving haha. Do you have backup copies in case your changes are fubar? And are you uploading the backups instead?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Could it be a result of shared reflexives? Are you always editing the same jmad or different ones?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:Could it be a result of shared reflexives? Are you always editing the same jmad or different ones?
Could be. This should be pretty obvious when viewed in Entity. All shared reflexives that lay within a different tag are labelled in red instead of black.