Need Vehicles & Potential Modder

DoorM4n

Need Vehicles & Potential Modder

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey guys,

I had a mod many moons ago for Halo 2 named Fire in the Sky 2. Some of yall might recall it. It wasnt great, but it had something in it that made it special--and that is that I put every Counter Strike weapon into one map---coagulation. The map was fucked up badly (in that too many holes), and I am going to revamp it to make it playable. But I want some input and possibly some help.

The original Fire in the Sky was for Halo 1 NMP, and I loved...and I mean true man love...that map. It was a foggy bloodgulch with platforms in the sky that housed planes and many awesome weapons on the ground to fight off the fighters. I want to recreate that again but better, and I dont think that will be hard because I have the spawning coordinates already done.

Here is my goal though. I want to integrate as many different custom vehicles as I can and as many weapons as I can. So I call upon you awesome folks to inform me of any awesome vehicles that have been made for HALO 2 that should be incorporated. I would love to get the Bulldog and Wasp in (which were made for Halo 2 along time ago), for starters. But I also want to get the mongoose and the monster truck hog and the hoverboard and the hover hog. I also want some flying vehicles. I was thinking about putting in a Biplane with a proper propeller modeled from a spinning warthog tire. I also want a bomber of some sort.

If yall have the time, would yall be able to recommend some vehicles and possibly link me to patches? Also, if anyone is interested in helping out, I would definitely...absolutely...love to have it.

One thing that I have always had in the back of my mind in terms of modding is that when it comes down to the bottom line, people want a new and fun experience with a lot of variety. I think all these different vehicles with all their different properties with all of these guns will absolutely add that. I don't think it will be hard to make this map, and I do think it will be worthy of playing.

What are y'alls thoughts?! :mrgreen:
Last edited by DoorM4n on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
OwnZ joO

Re: Need Vehicles & Potential Modder

Post by OwnZ joO »

Not sure if I have the NMP patches, but I probably have the maps somewhere. I have a ton of Halo CE modded map packs laying around somewhere. My internet sucks so it would take forever and a half for me to upload them, but let me know if you can't find them anywhere else and I'll see what I can do.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Awesome man, thanks! The fortunate thing is that I won't have to invent any vehicles--except for the biplane. The bulldog and wasp have Halo 2 ports already and I know there are some awesome vehicle mods people have made. XZodia made some incredible ones a while back.

Im looking to do a simple tag injection and spawn and be done with it.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

some of these vehis share tags, so make sure to fix this befor injecting, i had this problem when i tried to make HCR (Halo Combat Racing) A mario kart style game.

I would help, but ive forgotten how to properly do most the stuff i learned.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Ogrish is right, putting multiple of the same vehicle in a map is a bit of a minefield.

Things you need to do:
Recursively Rename the tags before transfering (try to keep the same name length to avoid problems)
Null the "Havok Vehicle Physics" reflexive in the vehi tag before transferring
Point the "Havok Vehicle Physics" reflexive to the one in the map after transferring

I think that's all that is needed but its been a while.

I've attached some patches, but I've not checked if they work.
(Some of mine might already have their tags renamed)

Patches:

Dazzajay's X-17, Flying Warthog
Snaku's Bike
Snaku's Raptor, Flying Warthog
My Anti-Gravity Warthog
My Bike
My Hoverboard
My Tank Tread Warthog

I think that's everything I have...
Attachments
Anti-Gravity Warthog.zip
(338.32 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Flying Warthogs.zip
(4.71 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
Hoverboard.zip
(390.84 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Treadhog.zip
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Snaku's Bike.rar
(4.04 MiB) Downloaded 318 times
XZodia's Bike.zip
(743.07 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Can't remember if I posted it but I made a mod with three gravity thrones, each with a different weapon, speed and power. Multiple gravity thrones inject with the greatest of ease, and the phmo is a simple box (to keep it from rolling around when it's on the ground). You're welcome to take those.

I think putting all the vehicles in one map might be crowded and hard to balance, but if the idea is more to create a hangar for romping around, that's probably fine. I had thought of putting the bulldog and the mongoose on the same map (coagulation), giving each the ability for the passenger to drive and shoot the handheld weapon at once. I made the bulldog faster and less floaty, and the 'goose was slower with a temporary booster that shot dual flames from the exhaust. Fun times. You might pit flying bipeds (with my mod for boost in the Z axis - not the usual flying biped which is crappy) against gravity thrones. Or raise the water on a reasonably big map, put a death zone right under it, and use Xzodia's hover hog and the ghost as boats.

I've got all my patches somewhere if I didn't upload them here.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I searched around and dug up something Turk discovered ages ago...a way to create an active camo vehicle of sorts
Unfortunately, I can't remember how he did it, but I'm fairly sure it involved shooting the vehicle with something...he negated some value which shouldnt have been negated i think...
I've attached a patch for zanzibar with the mod, if you want to try and figure it out...

Also, some warthog skins...
Attachments
Warthog Camo.sppf
(77 Bytes) Downloaded 268 times
Warthog Skins.zip
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 277 times
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I'm guessing he gave the warthog's weapon's projectile a negetive camo ping value. And maybe had to link an active camo shader to the warthog model
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

There was no camo shader involved IIRC, I think it was a bug in the engine, which resulted in only the bumpmap being rendered or something weird like that
Also, I think the weapon would have to be separate to the hog to effect it
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I did it in my 3 thrones mod. Vehicle weapon shoots a projectile which sends an invisible sticky projectile back to the vehicle. Impact jpt has negative value for active camo ping. The detonation time of the projectile dictates invisible duration. Detonation jpt has active camo ping positive, equal magnitude to the negative one.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Thanks for all the vehicles and the info guys. Ill be checking them all out soon!

EDIT: I am looking for the Halo 3volved tags that Yamagushi released. Does anyone have them?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey XZodia, Im going to use your hoverhog but I want to skin it. Do you have a particular skin you like that I can use? If you don't, then I might be left to use my personal favorite and overused...civilian hog skin! haha, I put that skin on everything I can. :lol:
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I hadn't previously thought about skinning it, but I think this one would work well...
Attachments
Plasma Warthog Standard.DDS
(341.48 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey XZodia, I'm having trouble getting your antigravity hog in my map. I've been able to get most vehicles in my map by injected the hlmt tag of the vehicle I want, but your vehicle is causing freezing in my map. Any suggestions on how I can successfully get the tags out?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Well for one thing its very important that the vehi tag gets in because it is very customised.
Have you tried redirecting the havok reflexive like I mentioned before?
Other than that I can't think what the problem could be, as far as I recall it only uses warthog data (nothing extra was added)

On a side note, I think I might know why that reflexive causes freezing, all havok data needs to be padded but entity's builder doesn't do this for vehi tags. And nobody realised before because its only used by the warthog and scorpion which are already in all the mp maps...
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

XZodia wrote:Well for one thing its very important that the vehi tag gets in because it is very customised.
Have you tried redirecting the havok reflexive like I mentioned before?
Other than that I can't think what the problem could be, as far as I recall it only uses warthog data (nothing extra was added)

On a side note, I think I might know why that reflexive causes freezing, all havok data needs to be padded but entity's builder doesn't do this for vehi tags. And nobody realised before because its only used by the warthog and scorpion which are already in all the mp maps...
Im having some very, very strange results in my tests.
It's almost like the warthog has a unique freezing issue independent of itself. I can't seem to duplicate a warthog now without it freezing, which wasn't the case a week ago.
I also was successful in transferring an entirely new hog (vehi, html, mode, etc) without freezing, and now it wont work. I don't get it.

Also, I havent attempted the reflexive nulling yet. I haven't found an easy way to do it--as troy mentioned in the chat. I would like to avoid an extensive process if I can because I have so many vehicles to port.

-------------

Edit: XZodia, I have a strange feeling that when I click parsed, it may affect whether the vehicle is duplicated properly or not. What are your thoughts? I would test, but I need to go right now. I want to say that I got these warthog tags duplicated because I didnt click parsed that one time. hmmm.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Its certainly possible that not parsing might have allowed what you were doing to work...

Troy said entity has a quick way to redirect reflexives:

Go to right click on the clean warthog havok reflexive -> Add to external reference list

Then for each new warthog:
right click on the havok reflexive -> Reference external reflexive from list, select the clean warthog
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

XZodia wrote:Its certainly possible that not parsing might have allowed what you were doing to work...

Troy said entity has a quick way to redirect reflexives:

Go to right click on the clean warthog havok reflexive -> Add to external reference list

Then for each new warthog:
right click on the havok reflexive -> Reference external reflexive from list, select the clean warthog
Excellent, thanks for all of the info. I will do that tonight. I'll post some pics in Halo photography if I get it to work--or post here if I have trouble. :P

Also, do you think you can explain what "parsed" does? I feel like I knew at one point but I have forgotten. I think this information could be helpful later in determining why some injections work while others don't. Thanks, too!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I'm not really sure what parsing means as far as entity is concerned, but generally speaking its to do with data analysis...=P
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I looked at it once a while ago, I believe that it reads the tags using IFP/ENT files instead of just reading tag data as a whole if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong.