MP AI

archedmaid

MP AI

Post by archedmaid »

Has any one yet figure out how to have non retarded ai on the MP maps. I started a project that I would like to finish, but I would like to get a working version of earthcity2 I believe, the beach, but with ai for MP. If I can not do that then I will just do my other plan I can post a patch for one of the levels I have if any ones interested. I dont have a computer right now so it might take some time.
Click16

Re: MP AI

Post by Click16 »

AI in general are retarded. I don't think there's much you can do to make them better... I think the best way would be a BSP conversion from SP to MP. The Paths triggers, and events will all match the BSP, and help with this retardedness. (At least I think that applies...) Even though H2 Modding is practically dead, I have been motivated by curiosity to try again at an AI mod.
archedmaid

Post by archedmaid »

Rip off my post didnt go through but I have figured most stuff about AI except how to get them to be normal. my other thing is not an AI mod its a set of new semi original game modes.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

You can improve the AI by changing the easy difficulty settings to the settings for legendary, but even then they are retarded if there's no zones etc
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
archedmaid

Post by archedmaid »

Yeah I think im just gonna make my new game modes.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Well, you can make simple AI stand in one place and aim for you, and you can have a bunch of flood infection forms chase you (not sure if/how you can change their speed). But I too have always been disappointed at how dumb the AI is. I much prefer an intelligent and cunning rival over a swarm of stupid guys, but that's how it is. For a game that was not intended to be modded, incredible things have been achieved, but not all of them stand the test of gameplay.
archedmaid

Post by archedmaid »

If I just do bsp conversions of some campaign maps i will get what i want. The only map I really wanted was earthcity2 I believe thats what its called, the beach level. When I get around to it if it works I believe it would be really awesome. Like the level on the ai revision that is a small part of old mombasa but way better.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Its too bad we cant make elites smarm you like the flood infections do, I was making a mod where the flood spawner spawned elites and infected humans, but it never worked out right, and they wernt aggressive so i gave up on it, it would have made a fun zombie mod. :\