A Good Clean Base Map For Modding

Ogrish

A Good Clean Base Map For Modding

Post by Ogrish »

Can someone Build a map with a new scnr, with 300 Bloc, 100 scen, 100 mach, and 110 net game, placements.

I would like to take another crack at custom maps, and i cant seem to get good results making the base map.
Not in beavercreek, its bsp is to small, i like gemini, but headlong might work for size, and has more death zones.
Click16

Re: A Good Clean Base Map For Modding

Post by Click16 »

I know that the spacestation map's bsp can be converted really easily. I think I'll have a try at setting this up for you. Unless you would rather not have a BSP conversion. I'll still set up the chunks.

EDIT: Ascension is a really nice map too. So is Relic...
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

The space station map with the interior levels is easy? I've wanted it for a long time. You probably mean the exterior space station. I really like the light map in ascension, but the base map is very limited without Troy's trick for expanding the palettes. The gemini lightmap is too dark and crappy.

It warms my heart to see you back at it, Ogrish.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Relic's bsp is too small, ascension might work, but its a touchy map, often mc hands get currupted.
I will be doing custom collision made from boxs, Onyx style.
The lightmap in gemini wont be a problem for my sewer map.
Spacestation exterior would work fine too, but i will be injecting many models, and some custom tags.
I was hoping the map would be made with Troys trick for expanding the pallets, I just cant get it to work right.

Thanx CaptainPoopface ive been wanting to make a new map for a while, but other things were in the way, now im all freed up.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I was checking out the ascension one I did, but it only has 100 of each I think. I will try to do one up for you if no-one else has soon, but can't tonight.
I was going to attempt it last night, but I looked and couldn't find Grim's information on maximum allowable chunks for each reflexive. I'm going to take a look again to make sure the 300 doesn't surpass it.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:Can someone Build a map with a new scnr, with 300 Bloc, 100 scen, 100 mach, and 110 net game, placements.

I would like to take another crack at custom maps, and i cant seem to get good results making the base map.
Not in beavercreek, its bsp is to small, i like gemini, but headlong might work for size, and has more death zones.
Built Ascension (tested working) with 300 Crates (30 Palette), 100 Scenery (10 Palette), 100 Machines (3 Palette), 100 Netgame Equipment & 10 Trigger Volumes for extra fun. I hate using Ascension, but I find it easy to tell if it's fubar right away (lack of hands, body, etc)

Can't have 110 Netgame Equipments, the game freezes on load. Also noticed that even with all the new addtions nulled, the map seemed like it was slightly laggy.

EDIT: nvm. Apparently I forgot to null out the added Machines, so there were 99 antennas on the map. That would account for it I guess :lol:

The patch below should work, the only untested change is nulling all the extra antennas out.
Attachments
Ascension_Clones.serenity
Ascension w/
300 Crates
100 Mach, Netgame Equipment, Scenery
10 Trigger Volumes / Death Zones
(48.39 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Excellent! Thank you.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Glad to be of service! Let me know if it has issues.

Also, I've been thinking about it. Since this method works quite well, if you are doing SP->MP conversions it may almost be better to do everything else first and leave this till after. Since it just adds to the end of the map it shouldn't effect anything else.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Dang! Good man Troy!
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Thanx 8)