Clone-friendly plugins

CaptainPoopface

Clone-friendly plugins

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Does anyone have plugins that definitely do not break system link when building tags into a map? Specifically, I am looking for effe and proj, but weap would be great to have. Is a "safe" plugin one that only has the beginning and end of the tag defined but none of the reflexives within it? Or is it just the opposite, needing all offsets and reflexives in the tag correctly identified?

I have a fairly elaborate custom tag in mind, and it involves too many projectiles and effects to just re-purpose existing projectiles in a map.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Clone-friendly plugins

Post by XZodia »

IIRC entity's chunk cloner for some reason misses data which has been marked as unused.
Apart from that, so long as the chunk and sub-reflexives are correctly defined, it should work...
If your making a lot of changes, I suggest you use Simplicity, which should work with your standard plugin set.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Entity's chunk cloner works off definitions, so if a Reflexive is not defined, the data it points to is lost. I have found this in the SCNR tag before when doing some research. It's a good check to see if all reflexives are defined. If you clone a chunk and the size decreases, something is missing.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Actually it's building tags that I'm more interested in. I guess I assumed Slc issues relating to built in tags were due to the same kind of errors that kill a map when cloning chunks. I can get what I want by using stock tags, as long as I can put them in another map later with their own internalized meta. Same advice as above, or is there something else I can do to ensure proper extraction and building?