Nerf Gun Mod?

XZodia
Staff

Nerf Gun Mod?

Post by XZodia »

Anyone fancy making a Nerf gun mod with me?

Found these models we can use:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 34673a004f
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
xxpenguinxx

Re: Nerf Gun Mod?

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I started a nerf mod a while ago, I didn't get very far with it. I would definitely like to help with this.

I was trying to make a replica of these weapons (separate, not all in one weapon):
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2326183

An old mod had your energy sword as your starting weapon, but you could then pick up two more weapons and switch between all three. What I wanted to do was make the pistol your default weapon.
What I was trying to do with these weapons was make then perform like their irl counterpart, but with a little more range and halo style added. The pistol and other gun use the same size darts, so I figured both of them would deal the same damage per dart. The pistol would be more accurate, but have less range. The 6 shot will have two triggers, a single shot trigger and a shoot all trigger. I guess making the shoot all trigger a quick 6 burst would work the best, that way you can only shoot the number of darts you have inserted. Reloading this gun would be like pumping the shotgun, maybe a little delayed.

The rocket damage wise, I'm not sure how to balance it. I'm thinking make the splash damage 3/4 player health and a direct hit full health.

Ok, now I'm in the mood to start...

Oh, I have this old nerf shotgun like weapon. Well, I ran out of darts for it so I made new ones using hard foam and a screw / nail on the front of it. This thing has the best range and power out of any nerf gun I've used. Trust me you do not want this hitting you in the head. I'm thinking of adding it. Make it a two hit kill but make a headshot rag doll the player if possible. I'll have to get the name of it.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I love the idea. You may recall the ubiquitous Nerf Blast-a-matic from some of my mods. It's not nearly as complex as the more future-militaristic guns they make now. For some reason, I always liked the idea of a handful of well-aimed, visible and relatively slow projectiles in Halo 2, as opposed to kill-you-from-across-the-map weapons. Maybe because I played with Nerf as a youth.

I have figured out a decent hack for manual reload. My intention was to make, e.g., 20 rounds in a clip, 4 rounds for one shot, and every time you push "reload," it reloads one round. So once your clip is empty, you have to mash the reload button 20 times. That might simulate the pace of a Nerf battle.

There are other ideas I could contribute and would like to. Suffice it to say, I'm excited that someone might PMI some non-Halo and non-Call of Duty style models to make a mod.

If we get the weapons tweaked pretty well, I'd love to make a map pack for them.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Good to see some interest =)
I too, think it would be cool to see PMI used for something different like this

I like the manual reload idea.

For the projectiles I was thinking we could mod the rocket: new model and change the contrails etc.

Allowing 3 weapons is a possiblility, I was looking at Nerf war rules and they seem to allow 3.

Players would have no sheilds and no health regen.

I'm unsure how much damage different weapons should give...
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I would like it if we could pick up used ammo. Like after 5 or so seconds the ammo stuck to you (if going with the suction cup design) will fall off and spawn ammo.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

That would be cool =)
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

xxpenguinxx wrote:I would like it if we could pick up used ammo. Like after 5 or so seconds the ammo stuck to you (if going with the suction cup design) will fall off and spawn ammo.
Only missed projectiles would be better, I loved doorman's arrows stuck in player bodies/face
CaptainPoopface

I agree with bumlove. Besides, being shot should not automatically give you ammo, although I guess that's how it really works in Nerf world.
Also, don't forget that Nerf guns shoot sponge balls, suction darts, and non-suction darts that have fins on them, so we could have 3 (or more) projectile types.

Can someone PMI these models so we can get started?
CaptainPoopface

I would like to use Nerf models for my submission to the mod competition this month. Not sure if that would be communal or anti-communal... I have specific ideas in mind for how the mod will play, not necessarily much room for collaborative input at this stage, but someone could certainly use the same models for another mod. Pmi anyone? Beaver creek and Gemini are my target maps.