Prevent looping gun reload

CaptainPoopface

Prevent looping gun reload

Post by CaptainPoopface »

For a gun that holds multiple rounds in a clip, is there a way to have the reload button only reload one round and then stop? I think every gun automatically keeps reloading until either the gun is full or all ammo is in the clip. I know you can manually interrupt the reloading loop by meleeing. Is there a way to do this either in the weap tag or the jmad? I'm willing to use any weapon that has a clip but would prefer the shotgun.
DoorM4n

Re: Prevent looping gun reload

Post by DoorM4n »

It seems a little odd to have a gun with multiple rounds in a clip reload only one round at a time. But the odder thing is that I think I've seen this. I think I've seen guns reload only one round at a time, and it goes through the entire animation sequence for each round, but like you mentioned, it doesn't stop. So, why not just have your ammo contain one round?

I noticed your other post, and I've been thinking on how to do this. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

What I'm after is making the player push X 12 times to reload the shotgun from empty to full, instead of pushing X once and then just waiting for the reloads to finish. So it feels like you're more "involved" with the reloading process. I think I know how to do it, although it involves sacrificing the melee. I'll post here if my method works.

I'll bet Demonic could figure out a clean way to do it...
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Change minimum rounds loaded in weapon tag to 1, change minimum rounds loaded to 1, You can change the total rounds to 1 also this might work.