Radar

DarkShallFall

Radar

Post by DarkShallFall »

How do I make the radar into motion sensor.

Whats on the radar for Halo 2 modding?
Halo 4 Mod? Something? Like lets have someone do a good mod and finish it.

Nothing to motivate anyone to do anything here ever.
neodos

Re: Radar

Post by neodos »

Maybe this can help, I remember we made one for the 3volved mod, we used a bipd that appeared in the radar, changed its physical size to something small enough that wouldn't distrub the players or vehicles and then we used something to push it around, maybe a jpt explosion or just having it roll around, that worked pretty nicely.

There is a flag on the bipd or vehicles that says it should display on the radar, and its team.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I don't understand your question. The radar is a motion sensor.

As for what's on the radar for h2 modding, I am working on reach-style power ups (jet pack, camo, adrenaline, moving bubble shield, grappling gun). I have several weapon pack ideas but have run into slc issues using the latest entity (not certain it's because of entity).

I thought you and Click were working on something with your new program. Click has made a nice hud with health on it but hasn't released it. Sounds like Ogrish might get back in the ring, and Doorm4n is hosting games. Why don't you release some of your stuff?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Yo dark, motivate us by releasing a map with your tool. I thought my release of Tortuga might spark something, but I don't know if it did. Regardless, if a map is released, I'll be playing it--so there's some activity for ya.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

My issue is that we are still working with the original xbox. Low quality, low resolution... Its all outdated. I know all of it...

I really feel like we should start a community that devs with unity3d. Its pc based, but you can still use you controller.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Darkshallfall wrote:My issue is that we are still working with the original xbox. Low quality, low resolution... Its all outdated. I know all of it...
Limitation after limitation. This is why I moved on to the Source engine (which has its own limitations, but far fewer).
neodos

Post by neodos »

Modding halo 2 is just beating a dead horse, as harsh as that may sound to some, I know for many of you its just a hobby and you don't want to push it further and you also like Halo 2.

Though there's tons of good free engines out there, heck you guys could even make your own game all together :wink:
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

neodos wrote:Modding halo 2 is just beating a dead horse, as harsh as that may sound to some, I know for many of you its just a hobby and you don't want to push it further and you also like Halo 2.

Though there's tons of good free engines out there, heck you guys could even make your own game all together :wink:
Games are made by people?
Sweet. I'm a people. Can I has a game?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Wait, neodos! We can MAKE our own games?! I'M IN! haha, lets make Halo 2! :XP:

Well, it's almost impossible to simply tell someone to make a good map to release. I think you should pave the way Dark. Pave the asphalt of discovery and be the change you want to see. Who knows...maybe you'll inspire us all, man.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

We could mb work towards making a sandbox which uses halo 2 art assets with Unity...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

DoorM4n wrote:Wait, neodos! We can MAKE our own games?! I'M IN! haha, lets make Halo 2! :XP:
Now thats thinking outside the box!

What we really need is a starting point. there are a lot of capable modders on here.. so not to point any fingers or anything but someone needs to start this rolling. just a few mods to an open source like unity3d and upload so people can criticize, tweak and add on to. From here the most popular build will become the new 'base' build on what other modders can develop for and repeat the process..
Most users ever online was 152 on March 16th, 2012, 7:02 am
what happened on March 16th, 2012 at 7:02 am? 0_o