Halo 2 Font

troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Halo 2 Font

Post by troymac1ure »

Fixed the colors and added alpha channel as well, but there's something weird about the alpha. Need to look into it more. If I disable the alpha channel for viewing there's artifacts around buttons, medals, etc but they look almost perfect otherwise. With the alpha enabled in the viewer I get random pixel runs that are missing.

The boxes in green are drawn with the alpha channel set to max (0xff). The boxes in red show strange artifacts. Notice the zoomed image missing the top portion and the Y Button having the line through it near the bottom left side.

I think (some of) the codes must contain both brightness AND alpha / opacity values. :x
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

For those interested in the source here is the latest version:
http://www.remnantmods.com/archive/misc ... Viewer.rar
(Binary included. For those that just want that, look in the "bin/debug/" folder)

Although all codes are not "perfect", I know that some codes are still a ways off. Looking at certain emblems, etc you can see jagged edges or such. If anyone wants to play around and update this code please do!

Also, I never planned for this to be universal, but it would take very little to make this into an external file that could be used in any program. Cheers!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

That is amazing! How hard would it be to make custom medals?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

The link you provided isn't the most updated version. Can you fix it please? I want to see the src of this.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:That is amazing! How hard would it be to make custom medals?
The data for creating is all there in the decoding process. You could create them manually, make an editor or a converter from bmp/jpg without too much issue (using a closest match feature).
Click16 wrote:The link you provided isn't the most updated version. Can you fix it please? I want to see the src of this.
I know it shows v0.9 and the first release had the default v1.0, but this is newer. I forgot to change the release version on the first one and I figure this one is not quite worthy of a v1.0 release (maybe if the alpha stuff was complete). I just D/L it to my other machine and installed it, it shows all the newest display.

BTW, Left click a character to display in the zoom window, right click to reload that single character (useful for debugging when I was constantly adding codes and if someone wants to fix up any "off" pixels)
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

*Pops eyes back into socket. Picks up jaw off of the floor.*
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Holy shizz!! Nice job guys! I've been wanting to make custom medals for so long!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

DoorM4n wrote:Holy shizz!! Nice job guys! I've been wanting to make custom medals for so long!
They were nice enough to even provide 5 empty medals (the question marks above) for you to switch out :wink:

I was playing with it last night, but it got too late and my brain went into no-thought mode, so I was just wasting time 'trying' a bunch of stuff to get it to work instead of thinking about it. I'll pick it up again soon.

Also, in the process deciphered 4 bytes in the unknown range (0x0000->0x4000). That being 0x020C which is the number of entries in the UTF section.