H2 Project - [Codename] H2 Forge World

Post here images related to your Halo 2 mod project.
Click16

H2 Project - [Codename] H2 Forge World

Post by Click16 »

Okay, well this is the picture thread and all, and I am deciding to start a map project for use with Onyx. Uhgg, I have no images of the map yet, but I am not quite sure whether to build off of an existing map, or just make a nice cool map from scratch... The main problem is that we can't make a terrain with onyx, we can only make rigid lines, unless someone feels like making every square into a face on the map... that would just be hell. Anyway I do plan to make some sort of industrial based map, I do plan to remake some reach weapons so we can have a bit of a change... I am not going to use existing weapons today, because Halo takes place in like 2552? I'm not quite sure... (correct me plz)

So yea ugh i guess I will update this topic with pictures and stuff, and well I hope to get some interesting stuff. Now when I post images of the map, I don't care how you make your replys. Ugh, i will take what is said into consideration, but I wont care if you are like "why the fuck would you put a walk way there? wow retard" anyway, ugh i guess i will start working on this, and yeah... i will have some updates in the future (hopefully)
Last edited by Click16 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ogrish

Re: H2 Project Untiled map project...

Post by Ogrish »

Let me know if you need help, cause this is what i like to do most latly.

Reading your post inspired me to make this, it took about two hours, and i stole all of it from mombasa.
2 more hours, bsp viewer view
Ok now lets see yours
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

shit only 2 hours, good work, I'm not up with onyx (debug problems) I do however have a working mechanism for a land mine, it runs for 30 seconds (I could stretch it to 1 minute) after which it detonates harmlessly if not walked on, over shielded players don't get caught with it and it counts as your sticky kill, let me know if you want it
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Actually those pics are just models spawned by scenery, i did that in Entity, the onyx part comes next, i would have to stretch and place boxs inside those models to give them collision.

It will prolly take me two days or less if i dont use RTH but i still use onyx to scale my boxs and use entity to set spawn coords and rotations.
My xbox overheats quickly when i use RTH so i dont use it that often.

I made this just to give ideas, not to start a project 8-)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Looks good Ogrish. I really like it.
lx Leo xl

Post by lx Leo xl »

It looks cool, but why not simply do a SP to MP conversion from oldmombosa?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Leo... I know you havnt modded in years, but come on man, These models are permeatations, that have been extracted/injected thanks to
Troys work on Entity. I could do this in oldmombasa, and make it a conversion, but it would take more work, then needed.

I have rearanged and duplicated the models i want ,in the order i want, then the terrain is from main menu bsp.

Nothing has collision! Im still trying to get all the models to show up in game and look decent, then i will give the map collision by stretching and placing blocs inside the empty models.

If i actually do it... This was just for fun and to give ideas to click, i didnt mean to takeover his thread, "Sorry click".

If you run into problems just ask, im used to working thru the type of problems that come with a custom map mod.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Ogrish wrote:... ... ... "Sorry click"
Yeah you better be sorry, no just kidding. But seriously people keep posting ideas, it is making me think of map ideas.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Click16 wrote: But seriously people keep posting ideas, it is making me think of map ideas.
really? I have some pretty messed up ideas, eg a proj1 attach causes a bleeding effe from the pelvis that reverses the players controls and makes him move faster that also kicks out 4 or 5 proj1s to spread the infection, no really I have a roman colosseum type idea for foundation
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

now thats a sic idea
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Playing Halo: Reach inspired me to make a map similar to Forge World. It's not going to be like an H2 Forge or anything, but I am just going to codename the project H2 ForgeWorld.

I plan on building this map in the last level, where there are lots of open ocean, as well as some nice land areas to add stuff with coll and phmo (using onyx) ... So I will make some nice stuff, convert the BSP to a MP map, and yeah hopefully I will end up with something that works!
NotZachary82

Re: H2 Project - [Codename] H2 Forge World

Post by NotZachary82 »

I would love to construct some pieces. I haven't shopped/modeled anything in a long time.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

NotZachary82 wrote:I would love to construct some pieces. I haven't shopped/modeled anything in a long time.
If you could make a simple staircase structure, that would be helpful. Make it forerunner-like because you seem to be a master at recreating forerunner designs. :wink:
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

You should give more detail on the objects you want done, like how tall/wide, should a warthog be able to climb it like most halo maps.
Should it be multiple tiers?
Straight or zig zag etc...
Not that im want to do this, im just trying to help.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I think we could recreate most Forge World pieces, and then add on to that with some unique ones. I was always upset at how many pieces there were in Reach, and yet so little room for variety. So much gray ughhhhhh.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

NotZachary82 wrote:I think we could recreate most Forge World pieces, and then add on to that with some unique ones. I was always upset at how many pieces there were in Reach, and yet so little room for variety. So much gray ughhhhhh.
Yeah but if you look at it at the perspective of creation, you forget that the pieces all look similar, then you think, someone built this with basically the same tools you and I could use...