[WIP] Jungle

Post here images related to your Halo 2 mod project.
Mr iRonSights

[WIP] Jungle

Post by Mr iRonSights »

I'm not a very good skinner but i think its turning out nice?
There is not a lot done to it yet but i posted t his so i can get some ideas, I'm not the best at coming up with ideas

xxpenguinxx

Re: [WIP] Jungle

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Add some green to the ground and place trees around the map.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

"Monkeys On the Horizon" that would be an epic-funny name!

Yes, I agree with penguin. It looks really good though!

Custom models, effects, and some other game enhancements, I would play it!
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Hmm. Jungle needs more Jungle trees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Mr iRonSights

Post by Mr iRonSights »

@ Penguin- when i skin the remaining ground texture it looks like crap, i'm not skinning the actual ground texture, im skinning scenarios\bitmaps\detail_maps\nature\ground\pitted_generic, but it looks like i skinned just the main ground texture, not the detail map

@ Click- i have no modeling experience what so ever, so that wouldn't work out to well, the effects and some weapon modifications i can do

@ DS- i was planning on adding trees, but how many would be to many? i want to make it look similar to a jungle in Far Cry 2. thick forests with grass,shrubs, and all that good stuff. but i don't know if adding alot of that would make the map lag horribly?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Mr iRonSights wrote:@ Penguin- when i skin the remaining ground texture it looks like crap, i'm not skinning the actual ground texture, im skinning scenarios\bitmaps\detail_maps\nature\ground\pitted_generic, but it looks like i skinned just the main ground texture, not the detail map

@ Click- i have no modeling experience what so ever, so that wouldn't work out to well, the effects and some weapon modifications i can do

@ DS- i was planning on adding trees, but how many would be to many? i want to make it look similar to a jungle in Far Cry 2. thick forests with grass,shrubs, and all that good stuff. but i don't know if adding alot of that would make the map lag horribly?
Trees have LODs. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"