Cold Storage Free?

Yamagushi

Cold Storage Free?

Post by Yamagushi »

Xbox360Fanboy wrote:The 7th Columnist has as interesting analysis of a "hidden message' found at the end of the Weekly Update. We wouldn't get our hopes up too high, but Bungie may be hinting at a special 48 hour Bungie Day playlist as well as the release of Cold Storage for free on 7/7/08. Interesting stuff ...

Last night's Bungie Weekly Update brought information about a few Halo 3 matchmaking updates, July's Double EXP Weekends and confirmation that Bungie Day 2008 (7/7/08) will be celebrated just like last year with another round of exclusive one day only gamer pictures and theme download as well as mention that they have a "few other goodies planned." Exciting! But most importantly, Bungie released a few top-down aerial views of Cold Storage (viewable in the gallery below) so players can analyze the differences between it and Chill Out as well as plan their path of destruction. Bungie even offered up two versions, with weapon and power-up spawn locations or without. Speaking of which, could Cold Storage be one of those free special goodies for Bungie Day? Only time will tell kids ... be patient.
Source
7th Columnist wrote:When discussing July’s matchmaking updates, in particular forthcoming changes to the Double EXP weekends, a supposed ‘error’ alludes to something very interesting indeed:

Double EXP (Listed in order of appearance)

• Fourth of July – A collection of Flag, Rockets, and VIP. 5v5.
• [SPURIOUS INTERRUPT: PACKET LOST - ERROR CODE 5929]
• Fiesta – FFA featuring random weapon spawns. 8 Players.
• Grifball – Updated to use the Summer League map. 4v4.
• Team Snipers – No changes from June. 4v4.
• Team Melee – Sword and hammer-centric slayer and

*/PACKET INTERRUPTION – ERROR CODE 5929 */
…Attempting Recovery…
…Attempting Recovery…
*/ 93% PACKET CORRUPTION – RECOVERY UNSUCCESSFUL - DISPLAYING */
C!#4x—^&-$x%^^p3@
• Head2@!#SWa#++-DL*SLAj3r
• 48hr0×0ABFFFFF [ERR 5929]
*/ END DISPLAY */

As you can see, the weekend playlist for the week following the fourth of July (just a few days after Bungie Day) isn’t listed. Instead we’re treated to garbled system message only 93% complete. From what we can tell, hidden inside are the words:

Cold Storage, Head 2 Head, Swat, DLC Slayer, 48hr

Whilst nothing is confirmed, we reckon it’s a pretty safe bet we’ll be seeing Cold Storage released free of charge this Bungie Day - July 7th; along with a new set of exclusive gamerpics and dashboard theme, and a classic Halo celebration Double EXP weekend following later in the week.

Bungie, now you’re just spoiling us.
Source

My speculation is this seems fairly real, the main reason being that the weekly update still shows this. This makes me believe that it was done on purpose, it also being done on bungie day which is a plus to the speculation.
Detox. Sorry for leaking your RTH. Everyone else, Dont mess with these ppl.... x_x
Remnant Samurai

Re: Cold Storage Free?

Post by Remnant Samurai »

i hope so it would be cool to play even thoy i dont have the legendary map pack yet because i know ill get it then they will become free like a week later.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I do not think they will become free nor should they.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

My birthday is July 7th :D
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

If it is i hope its not only free on b-day cause I'm on holiday =(
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Yamagushi

Post by Yamagushi »

Cold Storage will be available for free beginning on July 7, Bungie Day, on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Straight from the weekly update! Bam this rumors confirmed!
Detox. Sorry for leaking your RTH. Everyone else, Dont mess with these ppl.... x_x