.::How to Resize models the correct way in Halo 3/ODST::.

Call Me Alexx

Post by Call Me Alexx »

By Call Me Alexx

Applications:
Alteration
My latest plugin revision for Bloc and Phmo plugins

Thanks To:
DarkShallFall - Showed me the method before i forgot :roll:, and mapped out the plugins.

Stage 1: (The Optional Stage)
Go to phmo and select the object you want. Then in the enum16, select "No object collision, Floats".
Now click Poke and Save or Save.

Stage 2:
Goto mode and select the same object. Not scroll down to the bottom (Bounding Box), and it will have X (min), X (max), Y (min), Y (max), Z (min), Z (max). the (min) one will have a negative number and the (max) one will have a positive number.

Now i want to increase my model by a custom amount, but you should start out with a simple multiplication (in the min, never remove the negative, so just have the (max) number with a "-" infront of it.
Now press Poke and Save or just Save.

Before:

After:

Stage 3:
Now, go to the coll tag (Model Collision Geometry :)) and open your object. Scroll down to "Vertices" and change the X, Y and Z values to the (max) X, Y, Z numbers from mode. for each Verticies chunk. Remember to click save each time, just before you select the new chunk!
Note-: There will be no visual change atm, and your object will still have no collision apart from the original size.

Stage 4:
Now to give it real collision :). Go to the phmo tag, and select your object, look in the chunk "Parallelepipedal Physic" (yeah I know). It will have X Size, Y Size, Z Size, Z Size 2.
Change the;
X Size: the X (max) from mode.
Y Size: the Y (max) from mode.
Z Size: the Z (max) from mode.
Z Size 2: the Z (max) from mode.
Now press Save and Poke or Just Save.

After (i can now put a banshee on it):

Stage 5:
Now, we are done resizing the model. But you may notice that if you take your camera off the original size of the object, the whole thing will disappear. So go to the bloc tag and select your object. In the Bounding box float at the top, times the number by the number of time you times the numbers in the X, Y and Z values in mode, coll and pmmo. I did it custom so i shall change it to 25. (Note: If it starts to disappear when you place it, make the bounding box smaller).

Final:

Done
You are now done :). I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it helpful. (Don't judge by post count ;)).

Please don't rip or repost this tutorial without my consent.

Thanks,
Alexx
DarkShallFall wrote:I hold your hand, as you cross the street to leet.