Modding Halo3?

Gary

Modding Halo3?

Post by Gary »

First, I know this goes against this section's rules, but those were written some time ago. If they still stand then go ahead and delete this topic.

Okay, I was just browsing different forums(Halomods and Reworked) and after reading a bit, it looks like Halo3 modding is now possible.

Is this true? And if so, how far are they(how much can we do)?

Also, where would I go if I want to mod my 360? My current one stopped reading discs right, so I might end up modding it.

Thanks for any help and if we are still not allowed to talk about this, then I am sorry for wasting your time.
Eaton

Re: Modding Halo3?

Post by Eaton »

Gary wrote:First, I know this goes against this section's rules, but those were written some time ago. If they still stand then go ahead and delete this topic.

Okay, I was just browsing different forums(Halomods and Reworked) and after reading a bit, it looks like Halo3 modding is now possible.

Is this true? And if so, how far are they(how much can we do)?

Also, where would I go if I want to mod my 360? My current one stopped reading discs right, so I might end up modding it.

Thanks for any help and if we are still not allowed to talk about this, then I am sorry for wasting your time.
It is possible. And not that much. Meta edits, ident swaps, string edits, locale edits, etc. Nothing like BSP Conversions or raw injection/extraction. RTH is possible, but not on a JTAGed Xbox 360 right now.

Modify it yourself or buy a pre-modded one.

Xbox-Scene has tons of information about it.
Gary

Re: Modding Halo3?

Post by Gary »

Ah, thanks Eaton. Though I have been to Xbox-scene, I dislike it's layout, makes it hard to find things... I'll keep looking.

And I didn't expect to do too much, I just want to mess around with it, maybe make a few things.