OXM: Halo 4 in development by Gearbox

Yamagushi

OXM: Halo 4 in development by Gearbox

Post by Yamagushi »

X3F wrote:Filed under juicy Halo rumor news, we have information coming from the pages of the latest issue of OXM that tells us that Halo 4 is currently in development, but NOT by Bungie Studios. According to OXM, Halo 4 is currently being developed by non other than Gearbox Software ( Halo PC anyone?) and is being worked on for release as a launch title on the next Xbox console. ZOMG! Funny thing about the rumor is that, earlier this year, Gearbox's head honcho Randy Pitchford mentioned that they were working on a super secret project that is "even bigger" than anything they've ever worked on before. Halo 4 definitely fits that bill.
Detox. Sorry for leaking your RTH. Everyone else, Dont mess with these ppl.... x_x
Grimdoomer
Admin

Re: OXM: Halo 4 in development by Gearbox

Post by Grimdoomer »

There are a cuple things wrong with this.
1) Bungie said Halo 3 was the last halo title. But Bungie says a lot of things.
2) It is not being developed for the next xbox console as that is impossible as its not even made yet.

I think this is just some rumors to screw with people.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Yamagushi

Post by Yamagushi »

Grimdoomer wrote:There are a cuple things wrong with this.
2) It is not being developed for the next xbox console as that is impossible as its not even made yet.

1) Bungie said it was the end of the Story Arc. Not the end of halo.

2) Funny last i checked many games launch with the consoles. Gears of War originally had 2 version 1 for 256mb of ram and one for 512 because they didnt know which 360 would have, it was developed on a PC running software to emulate a 360.

Don't get me wrong I don't buy this story for a second. But its easily possible.
Detox. Sorry for leaking your RTH. Everyone else, Dont mess with these ppl.... x_x
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

I saw this like a few minutes before you posted it lol no way am i getting another console soon
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Yamagushi wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:There are a cuple things wrong with this.

1) Bungie said it was the end of the Story Arc. Not the end of halo.

2) Funny last i checked many games launch with the consoles. Gears of War originally had 2 version 1 for 256mb of ram and one for 512 because they didnt know which 360 would have, it was developed on a PC running software to emulate a 360.

Don't get me wrong I don't buy this story for a second. But its easily possible.
Not exactly, there is no way you can program a game for a pc without having a base kernel. I know for a fact MS doesn't have a kernel for this new game system, or it would be 80% done by now. Yes games do ship with consoles, but that is because they are made when the console is done, which MS never did tell the public it was done for obvious reasons.
Pop War HomEY

Post by Pop War HomEY »

Grimdoomer wrote:
Not exactly, there is no way you can program a game for a pc without having a base kernel. I know for a fact MS doesn't have a kernel for this new game system, or it would be 80% done by now. Yes games do ship with consoles, but that is because they are made when the console is done, which MS never did tell the public it was done for obvious reasons.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I really don't think the game is gonna be called Halo 4. Notice at the end of Halo 3 (after the credits and beaten on legendary) the chief & cortana "floats" by what I think is Onyx.
So I believe the next game will be called Halo:Ghost of onyx.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Shock120 wrote:
X3F wrote:Filed under juicy Halo rumor news, we have information coming from the pages of the latest issue of OXM that tells us that Halo 4 is currently in development, but NOT by Bungie Studios. According to OXM, Halo 4 is currently being developed by non other than Gearbox Software ( Halo PC anyone?) and is being worked on for release as a launch title on the next Xbox console. ZOMG! Funny thing about the rumor is that, earlier this year, Gearbox's head honcho Randy Pitchford mentioned that they were working on a super secret project that is "even bigger" than anything they've ever worked on before. Halo 4 definitely fits that bill.
Noooo!, Gearbox made Halo CE good, they should make Halo 3 for PC. Then everyone can "mod 4 fun". :wink:
>_> yea and we would need 4 gigs or ram just to run it.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Grimdoomer wrote:
Shock120 wrote:
Noooo!, Gearbox made Halo CE good, they should make Halo 3 for PC. Then everyone can "mod 4 fun". :wink:
>_> yea and we would need 4 gigs or ram just to run it.
And two 1000gb graphic cards. :wink:
Gary

Post by Gary »

Yes

Minimum requirements:
4 GB Ram
Fiber-Optic Possessor
1.5 TB Video Card
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Don't forget DirectX 11
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

360's aren't that powerful O.o
Gary

Post by Gary »

the xbox1 graphics interface is a superset of MS Direct3D version 9.0
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

gjsdeath wrote:Yes

Minimum requirements:
4 GB Ram
Fiber-Optic Possessor
1.5 TB Video Card
Well, with computer components being upgraded so fast, that isnt very far off ;)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I'm still confused, why is everyone naming high end specs?