Is windows 7 good for modding?

fuzzman

Is windows 7 good for modding?

Post by fuzzman »

I was thinking about upgrading but i don't know how friendly windows 7 is to all of the modding apps. any input?
neodos

Re: Is windows 7 good for modding?

Post by neodos »

Yeah entity works fine for me, at least for sure much much much better then on vista or xp 64 bits.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Everything works fine.

If you don't use Windows 7, what are you using? Vista is a little slow and XP is dead.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Windows 7 is great for modding, and you can install Windows XP mode if some apps just won't run in Windows 7.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Eaton wrote:Everything works fine.

If you don't use Windows 7, what are you using? Vista is a little slow and XP is dead.
I use xp, and it works great for me anyways, i was just considering upgrading to stay up-to-date
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

If XP is running great I wouldn't upgrade anytime soon unless you feel it's a must. I mainly have Windows 7 because the Windows XP drivers for my ATI card suck and most games that support DirectX 10 run smoother.

What hardware do you have anyway?
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

ah i see. Ive got a Pentium dual core e5200 @ 2.50Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO, 2.99g of Ram, and well over a Tb of hardrive space. it all runs just fine for me, was just wondering if windows 7 might be a better choice