You guys mod any other games?

Gary

You guys mod any other games?

Post by Gary »

I map for Source(HL2) and I am learning how to code lua and C++ for it.

Soon enough I might also learn unreal engine.

So you guys mod any other games?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: You guys mod any other games?

Post by troymac1ure »

Nope. First console game I've ever tried. Used to do some PC games back in the day...(or should I say "When I was young...")
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is kind of a fun one. Pandemic actually released their professional dev tools for the game, although they did not include some crucial files for the Xbox version, presumably because of Microsoft. Someone has recently done a large-scale port of PC mods to the Xbox, so I've had fun playing with it. I don't have the PC version, unfortunately. But Battlefront actually has some decent AI that you can play by yourself for hours on end. If you have the PC game, you can get into all the lua scripting and so on. Basically, it's a professionally moddable game.

A friend of mine is getting into Nexuiz, a free open-source FPS based on Quake. It has that manic fast-forward quality about Quake that I've never really liked, but it looks good. I haven't tried HL2 or Counterstrike because I don't think my graphics card can handle them, but they look fun.

Descent 3 for PC also has some map making tools and moddability, but it wasn't immediately clear what to do when I fired it up ages ago, and the servers seem deserted of players now.
Gary

Post by Gary »

I didn't know there was modding for that game, maybe I'll try a few out sometime.
CaptainPoopface wrote: A friend of mine is getting into Nexuiz, a free open-source FPS based on Quake. It has that manic fast-forward quality about Quake that I've never really liked, but it looks good.
I have seen it, my friend(real-life) known on there as PcLizard plays that game a lot, I would try it, but I can't play online.
CaptainPoopface wrote: I haven't tried HL2 or Counterstrike because I don't think my graphics card can handle them, but they look fun.
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

Go there and look for the "Half-Life 2: Orange box" game and run the test.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I've played nexuiz at least once, I downloaded it on my Linux computer.
Gary

Post by Gary »

I tried while at his house, he beat the crap out of me, but he has been playing for a very long time.