Halo 2 Photography

XZodia
Staff

Re: Halo 2 Photography

Post by XZodia »

Yea, its an MPC conversion though for now it doesnt have any AI (see the entity thread for details...)

The amazing thing is I got entity to add raw (multiplayer globals + sounds) to a map with multiple sbsp's.

You can also see here a new function of Mystery which converts AI Squads to player spawns and netgame equipment spawns for vehicles. Which takes the tediousness out of converting a single player map to multiplayer.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

NICE! Man, I really wish I was modding when this was at its peak. I would have loved to join a 16 player coop match and record. I'm working on a modding video/montage right now, and this would have been absolutely perfect for it!!

If need someone to test with you, let me know! I wanna record! :P
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Well I'd love to play some MPC if I can get it working. If not then, I'll just make some new multiplayer maps, which again I've want to play with someone.

I'm trying to make it as painless as possible to turn single player maps into mutiplayer maps...
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I just found out that my friend's older teenage kid and his friend plays Halo 2, so I am going to soft mod his box and get him into the modding scene and show him XBC. Another couple guys to play with ;)
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

XZodia wrote:Well I'd love to play some MPC if I can get it working. If not then, I'll just make some new multiplayer maps, which again I've want to play with someone.

I'm trying to make it as painless as possible to turn single player maps into mutiplayer maps...
Great! Count me in on whatever tests you need.
--------

Also! Troy, thats awesome! I wonder if he'll enjoy it as much as we do?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

OH, you guys....! You made this happen Troy and Xzodia! Much appreciation! 3volved mongoose tags! Wooohooo!
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Man, cool to see that ol' thing again. Needs some PMI!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Needs less warthog =P
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

That's actually the jmad of the actual mongoose! :|
The decryptor didn't link everything up exactly as I was thinking so I think it brought in tags that froze my map. I'll find out. Let me know exactly waht you were talking about actually :)

Also, chew on dis fellas.

XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

mostly I was referring to the dust trails being to far from the wheels.

but I expect it handles the same as a warthog.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Beautiful Coagulation!

Click the rest!!
http://i.share.pho.to/f7f2baee_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/b7c8efab_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/77700cb6_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/4e9a586e_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/52ca9778_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/7abc11b5_o.jpeg

Anybody interested in attaching independent models to the masterchief to create a new character biped model?! (Fox McCloud)

Also, anyone interested in rigging these vehicles? (aka relocated effects, making new effects, new projectiles, etc)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Nice work! Now lose MC and make Fox and Slippy playable ;)
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

lol Awesome.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I know what you guys need.

NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

The wasp!
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I have 6 banshees in my map...the jmad is going to be fucking tricky to universalize. :|
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Nice.

Can you not duplicate the jmad? (I realise this had never been attempted but I think it may be possible)

There may be markers in the vehi model for left/right foot etc
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

XZodia wrote:Nice.

Can you not duplicate the jmad? (I realise this had never been attempted but I think it may be possible)

There may be markers in the vehi model for left/right foot etc
The jmad would be covered in the masterchief.jmad, unfortunately, and not the vehicle (aka banshee.jmad). I think there might be a way to do it, but damn, it'd be a hastle for all 6 banshees!

I can change the jmad of each individual banshee to a different obscure jmad seated position. Then edit the obscure jmad positions. I just need a list of obscure ones. Actually, I may just make the jmad invisible in 5 of the banshees--because they are ships--and fix the jmad on the wasp.

Is anyone interested in perfecting the WASP? I don't want to get caught up in miniscule details of a mod. I think that's why I never liked doing effects. :x I should recruit DemonichSandwich. He's rigged quite a few jmads.

I'm open for volunteers!! :P

EDIT: I may be wrong on the jmad stuff. It looks like the mongoose has an edited jmad that isn't associated to the masterchief.jmad. :x
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I need some map creation suggestions.

I was looking into trying to get collision for these trees, but they don't work with the *mach* trick. Because this severely effects my map ideas, I need some suggestions. How do you guys feel about these trees in my map without phmo or should I go ahead with the pine trees. Im also debating on whether to use palm trees.

You're suggestions here will directly effect my design plans. So, do you guys think the pine trees, palm trees, or these trees without phmo should be the forest in this map?

BTW, why doesn't collision transfer with these scenery? Is the phmo part of the bsp?!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I guess it depends on the context, cause its fine for them to not have phmo so long as you'd never walk through them, otherwise it would be meh...

so for example if you were doing a sky battle over the trees that would be fine...
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Good point.

So this map will be for both sky and land. It wouldnt work so well to have them on the ground with no phmo. It would be too unreal.

Something just clicked for me actually. I think I know of a way to have them in--since they look so good. I may have them on the side of the cliffs. If I position them right, they would only act as scenery while still being within the canyon walls--as opposed to ontop.

I wonder how much I can edit the pine tree leaves to make them look more jungle-ee. I've never tried to model a 2-d surface and inject it in Halo.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Well I got working colllision on redcedar_m (transferred tree from campaign level) by transferring only the hlmt, then, I built in a random mach (like containment's base_switch), swapped the mach's hlmt with tree's hlmt, then I duplicated a random itmc, then customized that random itmc by checking a box saying "flying" (like the sword) so it doesn't crap out when you walk to it and relinking the itmc tag it references to the duplicated one.

So, basically, you're spawning a tree, through a mach, via a itmc. If those trees actually have a coll tag referenced, it should transfer while transferring the hlmt tag.

I hope I explained it well enough :v

Yeah, those fuckers have working collision
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

xXF3RcHoXx wrote:Well I got working colllision on redcedar_m (transferred tree from campaign level) by transferring only the hlmt, then, I built in a random mach (like containment's base_switch), swapped the mach's hlmt with tree's hlmt, then I duplicated a random itmc, then customized that random itmc by checking a box saying "flying" (like the sword) so it doesn't crap out when you walk to it and relinking the itmc tag it references to the duplicated one.

So, basically, you're spawning a tree, through a mach, via a itmc. If those trees actually have a coll tag referenced, it should transfer while transferring the hlmt tag.

Oh, yeah, I know how to spawn trees with phmo and coll. These trees in the pictures are from deltaapproach.map. I believe the phmo of this map is built into the bsp, so these trees won't transfer with phmo at all unfortunately.

BTW, coagulation has a redcedar_m already in the map. You wouldnt need to transfer from SP :P
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

DoorM4n wrote:
xXF3RcHoXx wrote:Well I got working colllision on redcedar_m (transferred tree from campaign level) by transferring only the hlmt, then, I built in a random mach (like containment's base_switch), swapped the mach's hlmt with tree's hlmt, then I duplicated a random itmc, then customized that random itmc by checking a box saying "flying" (like the sword) so it doesn't crap out when you walk to it and relinking the itmc tag it references to the duplicated one.

Oh, yeah, I know how to spawn trees with phmo and coll. These trees in the pictures are from deltaapproach.map. I believe the phmo of this map is built into the bsp, so these trees won't transfer with phmo at all unfortunately.

BTW, coagulation has a redcedar_m already in the map. You wouldnt need to transfer from SP :P
Are those the trees on this picture?

Because you can move them freely using the bsp viewer, and in-game the coll still works, but do those scen tags have a hlmt (and linked coll)? If they do you can just transfer the whole hlmt tag recursively
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Those trees don't have a phmo in their hlmt tag, only collision. But yeah, those are the ones in the pictures.