The DIY Thread

xxpenguinxx

The DIY Thread

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Post pictures of everything technical you did yourself other than software. Be it a circuit board, built an engine, or even just a simple lawn chair. If it's a ghetto repair, it is welcomed!

Anyway I'll start with some stuff I recently repaired

Baked my dying GTX 580 back to life, and noticed afterwards the temps were a little high and the voltage wasn't stable. The old capacitors swelled up and weren't doing their job like they should, so I soldered some extras on:

ImageImage

I got new headphones and noticed my old X-fi sound card was outputting a low quality, electronic sound with muddy bass. Replaced the capacitors and opamp, and wow did it make a difference. The card sounds better than any I've used in the past. In case you can't tell, it's the brown capacitors :P

ImageImage
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
XZodia
Staff

Re: The DIY Thread

Post by XZodia »

That is some ghetto shizzle right there >_>
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Xbox 360 debug and programming jig. Plugs into the sidecar wires on a devkit, or attach jumpers to the pin headers on a normal console and you can have rs232 output or program the flash chip via SPI.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Made a basic mic preamp. External power, 2 stages, and external on/off switch. Switch lights up when powered on.
Voltage regulator supplies 5V to the circuit, and supports up to 35V input. Still need to add volume control and high/low pass filtering.

DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.