Osram PL450B Handheld Laser Build

Click16

Osram PL450B Handheld Laser Build

Post by Click16 »

Hey guys, I figured I'd post this here. I decided to make a high-powered handheld blue laser. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask away. I'm not expecting any of you to be overly interested in this, but I hope a few of you are :D

DarkShallFall

Re: Osram PL450B Handheld Laser Build

Post by DarkShallFall »

Nice dude. Wheres the lightsaber?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Not quite ready for a "light saber" yet lol. I could build a laser that is about 15x stronger than this one, which can put out about 2.5W of power (which is INSANE) but I'm quite scared to make something with that much strength. It would be way to easy to damage your vision, and I live with my family still, and don't want any accidents. So I'll just stick to this 170mW laser for now. Maybe I'll make a 100mW green one soon....
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

This is awesome! You should sell these man!!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

Awesome! I myself have a laser. I looked into building one and then forgot to build it -_- Here's a couple pics of my 200mw green laser:

Beam is very visible in my room with the light on, being that it's green. It's a little hard to see in the camera. It will burn things and touch stars(well, kinda) Definitely hurts to look at it on the wall and I need Laser safety glasses but I didn't buy any so I'm being real careful with it. I was scared to build a really high powered one also because if you look at one long enough to tell what you've looked at, you've damaged your eyes.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Yeah, just really scared for both my own vision, and the vision of others, which is why I opted for the lower 150-180mW power output laser.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Click,

I got yo competition man! You gotta build a laser for the wrist now that is double the strength! Then you gotta attach a Rolex onto it. Come on Click! I believe in you!!

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/ma ... aser-watch
Remnant! We were the last stand.