Deep Freeze (my upcoming mod) *new pics*

xXF3RcHoXx

Deep Freeze (my upcoming mod) *new pics*

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

This is the mod I was showing off some pics some days ago, I've been working on this sometime now and this is the outcome atm

We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
CaptainPoopface

Re: Deep Freeze (my upcoming mod) *new pics*

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Looks cool. I would love to fire it up on the old Xbox. Glad to see someone having a go at modding again.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Looks cool. I would love to fire it up on the old Xbox. Glad to see someone having a go at modding again.
Thank you dude :D It's going on pretty good, I built in a new shader for the ground and now it looks reflective at certain angles, and brighter :D I'm having some trouble adding new stuff to the map, as my custom sounds get corrupted every single time I built or inject something on the map, but I just reinject them and they're working again
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Hey If you want, I could help you design a custom HUD for this map if you don't want to use the original. It'll give me something to do.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I remember having that problem with sounds. You have to either build them into a map with a tag you made in some other map, or make sure they are the last thing you add if you import them into the map with Halo2ST or whatever it is. Can cause other freezing problems too.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

CaptainPoopface wrote:I remember having that problem with sounds. You have to either build them into a map with a tag you made in some other map, or make sure they are the last thing you add if you import them into the map with Halo2ST or whatever it is. Can cause other freezing problems too.
Yeah I better went back to a backup map I had before injecting custom sounds, I'll add them as the last thing, it's very annoying to have corrupted sounds everytime I FTP to test something, I have to boot up Windows XP just to reinject them and then boot back to Win7 to FTP again xD as the Ethernet driver doesn't work on WinXP.

My goal is to have zero holes in my map (checking with UberAnalyzeTool) but doesn't matter what I do, the shader I built into the map to get the reflective snow effect causes like 8 holes in the map :/ I think it's just an app issue, I also tried transferring with Insolence and got the same results, but at least, dones't cause freezing issues
We are the last stand.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Click16 wrote:Hey If you want, I could help you design a custom HUD for this map if you don't want to use the original. It'll give me something to do.
Would be veeery nice dude, do you have something in mind?

Btw, click, captain, do you guys often get on AIM?
We are the last stand.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

No I am not on AIM, but I am on Skype all the time though. My Skype is fatalkiller31 (I made it when I was in 6th grade, don't judge me!)

And about that HUD... Maybe you can sketch on paint on top of an image what you would like, and I'll make it. It can be as creative as you like, just about anything is possible for me at this point.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Main menu preview 8-)

And some new pix

Ignore that messed up bitmap, I already fixed it (LOD and mipmaps thing)
We are the last stand.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Looks cool man :p just a skin or planning on adding vehicle or weapon mods too?
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

JacksonCougar wrote:Looks cool man :p just a skin or planning on adding vehicle or weapon mods too?
Yeah I plan to mod every weapon and inject custom sounds, not sure about vehicles though, plus the map has AI with working zones (I think you already know this :p). ATM the Battle rifle is dual wieldable and fully automatic. SMG, shotgun, sniper rifle and plasma rifle are skinned and needler has a new projectile with edited contrail, there are still some things left for skin

Click16 is doing a custom badass HUD for it aswell

And about vehicle mods, I think the only vehicle I'll mod will be the Banshee because it's the only one the AI drives (and actually, drive it very well, pathfinding works)
We are the last stand.