The "Showoff Your Fish" Thread (56k warning)

xxpenguinxx

The "Showoff Your Fish" Thread (56k warning)

Post by xxpenguinxx »

This thread is exactly what it says, show off your fish. It can be a fish you caught or even a pet fish you own. You can even show off a friends fish as long as you give proper credit.

I enjoy fishing and I would love to be able to fish everyday of my life. I used to not take pictures but it's hard for people to believe you when you can only describe in words how beautiful the fish is. I hate killing the fish so recently I have not been using live bait due to the fear of the fish swallowing the hook. Honestly I've been doing better without live bait.

I have a small pet catfish that cannot stop eating. I call him Catty Truffle. Don't ask why just go with it.

So to start off here are a few of my somewhat recent favorites:

Largemouth bass caught at a place called Matrix Park. It's a shipping complex but it has some lakes and park trails.

By far my favorite picture, taken at Veterans Park. Click16 took the picture.

Pickerel caught at Mercer County Park in a small runoff.

Largest carp I have caught so far. I got this big boy at Oakford Lake. That's me, my cousin Keven took the picture.

Half goldfish, half carp. I shall call you GLARP! Caught at Veterans Park.

Decent size crappie caught at Veterans Park. The rubber frog in it's mouth is only an inch long.
Last edited by xxpenguinxx on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
xxpenguinxx

Re: The "Showoff Your Fish" Thread (56k warning)

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Damn, no other fishermen, or ladies, here on Remnant? Hopefully I can get a few more decent size fish before winter.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I never catch anything and I take pleasure in eating those fucks for making me look bad.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Here is the destroyer of worlds, Catty Truffle. He's staring into your soul.
I need a better camera for close up shots.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I haven't added to this thread in a long time. Here's a bass I caught about a week ago:
God damn my hands are huge
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

xxpenguinxx wrote:I haven't added to this thread in a long time. Here's a bass I caught about a week ago:
That is a very nice fish.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Zaid wrote:
xxpenguinxx wrote:I haven't added to this thread in a long time. Here's a bass I caught about a week ago:
That is a very nice fish.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Went to Etra lake on Wednesday, caught a few crappy and a pickerel. These are just the better catches.
(Click for full size)
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Went up to Duhernal Lake with Click16 the other day. Caught some nice size pickerel.
This one bit me right after taking the picture (click for high res):
A nice view of the lake itself. That's me in the middle.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Caught a perch where Crosswicks Creek connects to the Delaware River.
Last edited by xxpenguinxx on Wed May 15, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

BOWFIN!
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

6/13/13
Vet's Park:
ImageImage

6/21/13

Forget what date:
Behind Six Flags Great Adventure (Too many ticks):

Crystal Lake:

9/3/13 - 9/10/13
Butterfly Bogs:

9/15/13
ImageImage
ImageImage

9/18/13
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

9/19/13

9/20/13
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I cannot remember where I was fishing. I caught these about 4 weeks ago:
ImageImage

Went on a fishing trip with a few friends and went to Glassboro. I caught a few bass at the lake closest to my friends house. After that we went swimming in a quarry (no pics)
ImageImage

Caught this little guy at Brainerd Lake:

Went to Turkey Hill Swamp for the first time and caught 6 small bass and two sunfish, all on the same lure... (not at the same time of corse)

Another part of the Butterfly Bogs that was mostly dried up. I caught close to a dozen bass. Nothing big, this was the biggest:

I can't remeber where this was either. I think it was at this lake off rt 130 that's part of the Assunpink creek.
Last edited by xxpenguinxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

It was warm last weekend so I went out and caught a few fish:

4/12/14 Duhernal Lake

4/14/14 Lakewood

I also caught 5 of these back in November on the west side of the Franklin Parker Preserve.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Nice fishes dude, you got skill. I don't know shit about fishing however.
I used to have a Betta pet fish, but he died :c dunno why
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Every beta I've had only lived about 6 months. I used to go down to Seaside with Click16 each summer and win a few on the boardwalk. Some animal rights group stepped in a shut the stand down :cry:

Most of the gold fish I've had lived at least a year. One I had for the longest time, must of been over 6 years. It was orange when I first got it. During it's life it slowly turned half black, and then back to orange. It begged for food worse than the dog.

I also had a green sunfish for a few months. He hit his head on the filter when I was feeding him and didn't last too long after that. I still have the fathead minnows that were suppose to be his food, and they're pretty much pets now.

I'll try to catch another baby catfish this year and this time I'll put it in the big tank so it has room to grow. Maybe one day I'll be able to feed it chunks of steak.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Went to the south side of the Franklin Parker Preserve 2 weeks ago, most of the fish were about 12". He's a few pics of the bigger ones:

Caught a snakehead yesterday. Since it's illegal to throw them back I had to kill it. I brought it home and cooked it up on the grill. It tasted like fresh trout, not bad, but not really good either.

And here's some more pickerel from last week at the preserve.

xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I went out this evening and caught two bass and a nice size bowfin.

xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

MORE BASS!

troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

You know, I've glanced through this thread a couple times, but meh. This time I actually looked through it though. I don't know much (if anything) about fishing, but now I know what a pickerel, snakehead, crappie and bowfin are. Appreciate your talent.

The only decent think I can ever remember catching i a mudshark off a dock. Used a shiner's head as bait, but I don't know if you can count that as a catch, since it was at the surface and I hooked it through the side. lol. Anyways, we didn't swim the rest of the weekend.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Caught this the other night:

xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

How was everyone's Easter? Mine was kind of crappy.

:mrgreen:

Here's some other fish I caught over the weekend:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

And some more I caught a few weeks ago. The one was so tiny my camera wouldn't focus.

ImageImageImage

Ever get that feeling you're being watched?
ImageImage
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Caught another snakehead out of Crystal Lake. First fish I caught out of there this year:

xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Caught this bass where I caught that snakehead. I put him back and noticed he was making a nest in that area.

Caught these two little guys over the weekend. Don't know how the sunfish expected to swallow that worm.