Program GUI Thread

JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Program GUI Thread

Post by JacksonCougar »

Post pictures of custom controls, full application GUI's, or an other programming related imagery in this thread...
Click16

Re: Program GUI Thread

Post by Click16 »

Ah somewhere where I can post images of my custom controls... :hmm:

Well here are some:
- Custom Treeview

- Custom toolbar

- Custom Button

In all of the images, you notice the controls and icon in the caption bar, my custom form enables items to be placed up there. Customization is gooooooood.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Mode's UI:

Click16

Post by Click16 »

Image Link
Image might have been a tad bit big for the forums, so I linked it. I made a custom menu strip because, once again I was tired of the original .NET one.
DarkShallFall

Re: Halo 2 Photography

Post by DarkShallFall »

I figured that all my new ideas would be a bitch to implement around vibrance's current code.
So yet again, a new project rises...
neodos

Re: Halo 2 Photography

Post by neodos »

That's look very nice Dark! so can you switch to shaded mode with rth?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Dark, I moved your GUI here. I think we should keep the other thread to in-game images only..
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Click16

Post by Click16 »

And so it begins....
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Progress...
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Almost a meta editor:
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I've been thinking about having an option for that tree style meta editor where you can select the field you want to edit out of a treeview, as well as the usual setup, and possibly popups as well.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:I've been thinking about having an option for that tree style meta editor where you can select the field you want to edit out of a treeview, as well as the usual setup, and possibly popups as well.
I was talking to Zone117x and he mentioned that he was able to make an extreamly fast meta editor using html/css. I've been thinking about rewriting the core code for mutation in native C++ to remove a lot of bloat and simplify some on going problems, then have the gui in C# and just call to the core library for actual data processing. The gui would have it's own definition set for the meta editor and the core would have a seperate set for processing tags/maps. I think if I coupled the html meta editor with the seperation of the gui and core code it could yield some nice results.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I don't think the poor performance on most meta editors has as much to do with using WinForms as it does with people not properly using the layout features and managing resource usage correctly. You might be pretty well off with what you're suggesting, but you can take a lot of bloat and unnecessary code out of your controls by using the anchor and dock controls along with the margin and padding and auto size features of the controls. Combine that with some lazy loading on the TagBlocks by having expanding panels that populate on first time they're opened and you will see some big performance gains. I could be wrong, I just don't see how html must be so much better.

PS: How you been Grim, haven't seen you on here in a while?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Now reads values 8-)
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:I don't think the poor performance on most meta editors has as much to do with using WinForms as it does with people not properly using the layout features and managing resource usage correctly. You might be pretty well off with what you're suggesting, but you can take a lot of bloat and unnecessary code out of your controls by using the anchor and dock controls along with the margin and padding and auto size features of the controls. Combine that with some lazy loading on the TagBlocks by having expanding panels that populate on first time they're opened and you will see some big performance gains. I could be wrong, I just don't see how html must be so much better.

PS: How you been Grim, haven't seen you on here in a while?
Bungie even said in one of their dev docs that they had problems with Guerilla when making halo 2 and running out of memory for all of the controls. With that many controls loaded it's just inevitable to run out of memory.

I've been pretty good, this summer has been pretty interesting so far, some good things some bad things. Really not looking foward to college this fall though :XP:
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

click I'm really interested in how to read the meta would you care to send me the source? Do you keep revisions or just continually update?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

bumlove wrote:click I'm really interested in how to read the meta would you care to send me the source? Do you keep revisions or just continually update?
Lol, not now. I am probably going to re write the source to make it faster and more efficient. Plus i don't have bitmasks or tags in the meta yet...
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Click16 wrote:
bumlove wrote:click I'm really interested in how to read the meta would you care to send me the source? Do you keep revisions or just continually update?
Lol, not now. I am probably going to re write the source to make it faster and more efficient. Plus i don't have bitmasks or tags in the meta yet...
The hard part is that your tree needs to be updated with every reflexive value change because not all reflexives have the same count as the others. This slowed me a bit when I did ME2.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

It's not too bad to just scan the entire tag and build a tree of all the reflexives. That's what I would do if I implement this any time soon.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Also bumlove, ugh you do realize this is for the halo 2 beta right?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Bitmasks and Tags :D
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Ident Swap??

Result:
neodos

Post by neodos »

Very nice Click!
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Click you should open up a WIP Thread for Beta Meta Reader. Maybe change it to Beta Meta Editor since it can now edit.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.