Christian Anti-Game Site (o god)

Remnant Samurai

Christian Anti-Game Site (o god)

Post by Remnant Samurai »

(this is not my post btw i just thought i would share it with you guys.)
(mod move to gamers corner if you think it belongs there)

I was browsing this MGS4 forum when I came across this Christian website that critisized games like MGS4, GTA4, BioShock, and Bully to prevent kids from playing them. It's pretty fucking ignorant if you ask me, most of it is bullshit anyways.

http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/gaming.html
Originally Posted by GTA4:
(Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) Grand Theft Auto IV is a game designed to brain-wash players into the Atheist worldview. In it you play Nick, an immigrant recently arrived to Liberty City (a copy of New York City) who is tasked with stealing cars and murdering prostitutes. Nick came from a former Communist country where he was brought up in Godlessness and so he sees no problem stealing and murdering. The game touts its ability to let you "go anywhere and do anything you want", the central philosophy of Atheism. It also teaches how to escape from police, instilling in the player the main motivation behind Atheism: avoidance of authority. The underlying game engine is called "RAGE", which is apt since the game is fueled by anger at God. It also uses something called "Euphoria" which treats humans as "rag dolls" who act only in accordance to physics, which is what Atheistic Materialism teaches. The game series (as the title notes, this is the fourth game) has already resulted in murders in real life. This game has no redeemable qualities. Needless to say, all Christians should avoid this game and pray for the people who made it and their victims (murder victims and gamers of all ages who have played it and have been spiritually scarred).
ZERO CROSSES
Originally Posted by MGS4:
(Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) In Metal Gear Solid 4, you play the role of Snake, a soldier who uses stealth to sneak around a battlefield on a mission to steal guns from the Patriots (and to choke people from behind). As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and counter-culture). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy). This game promotes drug use (Snake is addicted to cigarettes and the HDD installation process features an 8-minute video of Snake teaching players how to smoke), eugenics through human cloning (Snake was the product of a project to clone "super soldiers"), disrespect of Authority (Snake's main enemy in the game are the Patriots, who represent the Christian founders of our nation), and Materialistic Determinacy with an absence of Free Will (every game in the MGS series is a remake of the first, only with a different Snake clone, the theory being that by putting the clones through the same missions, they will develop into the same person). MGS4 was designed to train those who will be left behind after the Rapture to serve in the Antichrist's military forces. As such, it has no value for the Christian gamer, who is among the Elect and won't have to deal with that, but it may help the unsaved to know the tactics they will be up against in a post-Rapture world should they choose to join the fight against the Antichrist and secure themselves a place among the Sheep when Christ returns. Therefore, I am giving it ONE CROSS for this slight benefit.

ONE CROSS
Originally Posted by BioShock:
(Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) BioShock is a first-person shooter set in Rapture, an underwater city created upon the Atheist philosophies of Ayn Rand and Charles Darwin. In a Darwinian struggle to survive, players must kill small children in order to harvest their "Adam" (a.k.a. "stem cells"), which players use to obtain "plasmids" that cause them to macro-evolve superhuman abilities. The children themselves also kill other people to harvest their Adam, which is the sort of behavior Godless Darwinism teaches young people (I don't think its a coincidence that these children are aided in their killing by large diving-suited beings called "Big Daddies"). There's lots of not-so-subtle anti-Christian imagery used in the game, like how the city name, "Rapture", refers to there being no Christians living there, since they are all up above the water (much like how when the real Rapture comes, we will all be above the Earth) and how players use resources called "Adam" and "Eve" to become genetically degraded by the plasmids making them less human (just like how the Fall, caused by Adam and Eve, brought death, mutations, and carnivores to our world). I'm not sure if this game is supposed to be a cautionary tale about how Atheism and Darwinism destroy society, or a simulator to train its teenage target audience to enjoy living in such a world. Either way, the game is too disturbing to be suitable for Christian audiences.
ZERO CROSSES
This one pisses me off the most.
Originally Posted by Bully:
Bully is a very, very bad game. It promotes school violence, vandalism, disrespect for authority, and comic mischief. This was all expected when Rockstar announced their "Columbine simulator", but there's one surprise in the game no one saw coming: It teaches young boys to become homosexuals. Your character, Jimmy Hopkins, can "make out" with six other boys in the game and is rewarded with a health bonus (subtly teaching that homosexual sex is healthy). This content is hidden, not mentioned anywhere on the packaging or content rating. The game causes players to discover it by accident, then entices them to do it again and again, much like how actual homosexuality spreads. I had to try every boy in town just to find the ones that would kiss me. It was gross! After one of the boys asked me if I wanted to play "shirts and skins", I quickly turned off the Playstation because I didn't want to see what that was (Pastor Skeet later told me it's homosexual slang). Worst of all is that "Bully" is rated Teen, which means boys as young as 13 could be learning how to approach and kiss other boys! arents need to be warned of this hidden objectionable content so they can organize boycotts. Please inform your Church.
ZERO CROSSES
Dragonfire

Re: Christian Anti-Game Site (o god)

Post by Dragonfire »

Wow, i now have more ppl for my hitlist :evil:
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Doorm4n is christian yet he's a very cool person. So try not to generalize everyone under one category
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Rocky wrote:Doorm4n is christian
So am i ;)
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

haha, thanks Rocky but it's cool.

I enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto but I will never agree with its message. Actually, I may go play it now. I have my faith like everyone else and I, as most of you probably are, will never let a video game influence me to do bad things. In my Key to Success thread I state that we should always stick to a positive attitude. Most videos games are a bad influence but they are entertaining, though, should never interfere with life.

I think Christianity and gamers are on separate levels and should not meddle with each other. Christians know who they are and gamers know who they are, most of the time. It's their choice, though some of these remarks are a bit harsh. :)
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Tural

Post by Tural »

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down Sally. Just because every religious person is a radical doesn't mean you have to come ruin our fun.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Is this a freakin' joke?

I mean, I'm a Christian too, but buddy, not everything in a video game relates to Christianity. This guy somehow is able to find remote symbolism between the game and "anti-christianity." I especially enjoyed how almost everything within the reviews represented atheism, or promoted atheism.

This kid isn't a christian, he's a nut.

In before, "Wut's the difference betwen the 2?"
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

i think it all comes down to "Hey, nobody's perfect."
neodos

Post by neodos »

Aumaan Anubis wrote: I especially enjoyed how almost everything within the reviews represented atheism, or promoted atheism.
"
"go anywhere and do anything you want", the central philosophy of Atheism
nothing really Against Doorman or You, just about persons that believe in a religion and talk like that about atheist, i know there's good believers of course just like good atheist and bad atheists w/e he is talking about all atheists

I am atheism and i don't go anywhere to do anything i want, because there's something called laws and education.

And I am respectful about others religions and the belief of others well except when it comes to say such things about atheist or w/e kind of thing like that.

But this seems to be some kind of joke, maybe and anti-christianist wrote that to make fun of that kind of people and now you are supporting something that is supposed to make fun of you.

Seriously he is talking about videogames and he hasn't played it, that really is unproffesionnal well its just like journalism today, it just fucking suck, it full of lies just to make people panic or hate ach other just becaus emr journalists want to have a shocking news that makes money.

To me this kind of article is just some big bullshit and with all the respect to your god and your belief that is just what they want you to think, because if atheist were people that "go anywhere and do anything you want" it would be called anarchy and that's pretty much animals do in the jungle and that pretty much what we were and what we still keep on us not matter of your level of inteligence there's instinct and chimical reactions on your brain that will make you act like an animal when you are scared, angry...

Persons that believe in a god are simply people that doesn't know what they want in life fear death and can't get over it they fear death bad things that happen in life and need a subject to help themselves when they are alone(God) which they also blame too when something that doesn't make sense happen.

The religion is good to guide persons that didn't found their path in life, i am that kind of person but i found my own path and i don't act like "go anywhere and do anything you want" even if this words make it look like that, i always shut up about religion because i don't know about it that much but that guy is just talking shit about atheist and critizing video games that he didn't even played.

My parents let me the choice to go to get "baptize" and to go to church or not.
Religion is complex, and should be a choice, what your parents believe is not what a baby can decide when he is born.

Now i am bit asocial so this probably sounds like that but what are these people in their happyness bubble with their god, its pretty egoist people in their happy bubble at the same time they fear the world so that's why they need to create the happyness bubble and i find it sad, can't face the reality, there's bad people in the world and they kill people and there's animals int he jungle they kill each other to survive that's what human kept, instinct and primitive reactions.

Religion is just a method of control just like laws, ok the bibble is a really good story also the church brought school in some way and the hospital idea, i respect that but there's a bad side too, holocausts and helpling the enemy during wars...

Church brings education motivation and control but not real self control subliminal self control, if you are bad you go to hell and if you are good you go to paradise :|

And when some natural catastrophy happens "omg why did you do this to us, did i do something bad? i have to prey more!!"

So God is a bad person then? i there's people dying and he doesn't help them, good god, well i though a god has power but he doesn't, god is the Pope, see how where all your money goes to the Pope so he cant get clothes we all gold over it and live in a private zone of kilometers of surfaces that cost a lot every year get black cars weapons and people at their feets in front of their basilica.

So yeah to me religion sounds like just laws, sometimes for some, well not really too much for christianism anymore, to take money from people, for people that fears life and things they can't understand and for lost people, well weak people "come on our happyness bubble here its all better you'll be happy because in fact we negligate other's people problems and blame to the people that choose their own way"

How much money do they spend for the pope and where he lives in Rome, how much serisouly? maybe enough to save 1/2 of sick persons in Africa who knows because that money they never talk about it, god will give it you back eh?

Well now i may go to hell, if that's what i deserve for this, but that's a bad thing, to send people to hell, i am lost person, its not my fault, well shouldn't be, when i die i'll probably just disapear or my mind will fly somewhere or i'll be an animal or an insect or i'll just turn off like a machine and it will be over.

I don't fear death as long as its not too painful, but i guess i couldn't not care about the pain as long as i die quickly, i still don't understand why people fear it, maybe i didn't found what makes me like life but i won't get on a religion, i don't need more control i am the kind of person that selfs over control himself to the point of not being able to do what he really wants, but i don't want to depend on other's people i am a lone wolve and i guess that's what religion hates and fears who is not on their system, simple as that.

There's some religions that respect other's religions and those who doesn't have religion, and that's really cool and i give them back that respect too, but you Christianist you really don't respect other's religions and atheist so you suck, you are the bad person and you should really go to hell for hate other's.

Congratulations if you read all this, and thank you for reading, just don't take it all too serious i am a bit too angry about it maybe, but i am the kind of people that doesn't say anything for a long time, listen and one day say it all, but don't worry i am not gonna go on a killing rampage one day no, even if i don't have a god that doesn't mean i don't care about others and all i want is anarchy i have self control and you you got yours by believe you'll go to hell :/

I think im gonna stop, sorry.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Neodos, you're talking about Catholics, which are a branch of Christianity. To me they seem very exclusive and some of them tend to think they are better than everybody else because their religion is right. They are the ones that follow the pope by the way, and the pope is not supposed to be God, but his "right hand". I feel that being Christ like is not about exclusion, but about trying to be inclusive and do your best to love everyone, even the ones that disagree with you and piss you off.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

neodos wrote:i always shut up about religion because i don't know about it that much
You probably should've done that in that particular post.

Neodos, you've made so many faulty assumptions about Christianity that the effort that it would take me to point all of them out just isn't worth it.
As have you, OwnZ joO.

One more post that I feel has even a remote possibility of instigating an argument, and this topic'll be locked up.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

eh.
neodos

Post by neodos »

I didn't made false asumptions, i said what religions are, bullshit, see that guy is talking shit, it's all about politic manipulating people's mind and making money of poor people, th eonly good thing is help people by making em think they have a great imaginary friend.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Religion is fine. How people become fanatical about their believes are not. We live in what is supposed to be a tolerant world. That street is both ways.

Locked again because this is a no point thread.
Pop War HomEY

Post by Pop War HomEY »

I have never read something so...ignorant.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Locked again :|

Stop unlocking this staff. It's not worth our time. That boy is allowed his opinion. No matter how wrong or corrupt it may or may not be. Religion is too inflammatory for this site to put up with opinionated discussion and critiquing.