The Official Love Thread

Dragonfire

Re: The Official Love Thread

Post by Dragonfire »

I love Pandora :D
neodos

Post by neodos »

I love you gys, for still being here, being as cool as always, and some still modding/making apps! awesomeeeeeeeeee people =)
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Everybody love everybody. :lol:
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

neodos wrote:I love you gys, for still being here, being as cool as always, and some still modding/making apps! awesomeeeeeeeeee people =)
What he said
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I love you all too!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I LOVE that sig that says Failomods! That is the funniest shit every! :XD: :XD: :lol: :lol: :lol:
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I love Beef Jerky.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I love this place.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Met a girl at a party, events led to me offering her a place to stay for what should have been a day, but turned into a month and change. During which time she made me feel ridiculously good about myself and life in general, and I think I fell for her. Enter one of my best friends: she starts spending all her time with him, and a month down the road they are living together.

Been depressed as fuck since then, and trying my very best not to show it. Completely unable to find the ambition to work on anything I used to enjoy doing like programming or Photoshop or modelling.

I've tried finding it in my heart to forgive my friend: because I know I had a lot to do with why she left me, but I don't have the capacity right now... He took from me the greatest happiness I've known in years.

Me and her are still friends, which seems to make everything worse because I still have strong feelings for her.

So if you were wondering what happened to that theme I was supposed to have been making for remnant, or my programming projects, here's the cause.

How do you get beyond this place of regret and start moving forward with life again?
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Check if you are alive first, if you are then don't stop moving forward.

Look at this as an open door of opportunities rather then something that's holding you back. It kind of adds a feeling freedom in a way.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Accept that it's over with her, and move on. Harder said than done, but once you do that and realize that you will be sad about it. You're the only person who can make yourself happy, other people just enhance it sometimes. There are a lot of fish in the sea man, and as they say life rolls on, you WILL move past it and find happiness again, it's just a matter of when.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Jackson, your message had so much emotion in it that it is hard to describe it. You typed this and made us feel the pressure of your frustrations and your hurt. I don't want to ramble saying things will get better, my friend, because that is just too vague, but do know time heals all things. There are some events in people's lives that completely reshape humans--completely. These events leave such a crater in our reality that we are left lonely, scared, lost, and the sensation of indecision and loss of direction. Jackson, I don't know exactly how to empathize with your unique situation, but I do want you to remember that before this girl you had interests and hobbies that rocked your existence. You found a niche in a passionate community, and you learned how to program, create art, and lead a forum that I will forever be grateful for in my life. You have united us with this forum. I don't want to see your talent and passion for our world tremble or fade due to a bumpy road. In times of need, we need friends. We need people to talk to and express our likes, dislikes, frustrations, hatreds, and joys. We are all ears to you, buddy. Life is bumpy--sometimes too bumpy that we take a breather. We will encounter such grandiose interferences in our lives that we will never be the same person again. This event could be your reawakening, Jackson. This event could lead you to a realm of possibility that you may not have ever conceived. Go volunteer yourself places. Go offer your help to people. Do something each day that scares you. Allow yourself to learn from bumpy roads so that next time, you have a tuned up your Jeep with new shocks and are unaffected by interferences. Go do what you love, Jackson. Do things that make you happy. Forgive your friend, move on, wish him the best, and know these things:

"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."
--Earl Nightingale

"Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours."
--Dale Carnegie

"Happiness doesn't depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude."
--Dale Carnegie

I wish you the best Jackson!
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Wow. That's all I can say.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Thanks guys. I've needed to blow of steam today, and your responses have helped get me in a better frame of mind. There are some thing in life that I've always been jealous of others being able to do: one of those has been being good at dancing. I think I'm going to sign up for some lessons next week.

I've tried to find hobbies or things to do to take my mind off her. I've tried putting some time each day into learning to play on a guitar I came to own a few months ago, but until recently never played. Playing the guitar really calms me out and makes me feel good.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

JacksonCougar wrote:How do you get beyond this place of regret and start moving forward with life again?
Resolve to not make the same mistake again. And mean it.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

JacksonCougar wrote:Thanks guys. I've needed to blow of steam today, and your responses have helped get me in a better frame of mind. There are some thing in life that I've always been jealous of others being able to do: one of those has been being good at dancing. I think I'm going to sign up for some lessons next week.

I've tried to find hobbies or things to do to take my mind off her. I've tried putting some time each day into learning to play on a guitar I came to own a few months ago, but until recently never played. Playing the guitar really calms me out and makes me feel good.
My last breakup I worked out a ton and was really into it. It gave me something to put all my energy into instead of thinking about everything shitty. One of the best phrases/motto's that I've ever heard is "Life rolls on". So simple, but sometimes you gotta just remember it. Sounds like you're on your way to finding that hobby or focus, while you find your center and realign your chi :wink:

- pfff. It's "Chakra," bro. L2Anime.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I'm freeee!!!
That thought makes me very, very happy right now. :smile2:
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Some Admin wrote:- pfff. It's "Chakra," bro. L2Anime.
Actually that's a quote from Grandma's Boy. And it can be spelled chi or qi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch'i
:XP:

Good to hear you're doing better Cougar. It's always awesome when you finally see that you are better off without someone or something you were holding onto so hard.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

OwnZ joO wrote:
Some Admin wrote:- pfff. It's "Chakra," bro. L2Anime.
Actually that's a quote from Grandma's Boy. And it can be spelled chi or qi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch'i
:XP: .
Not an admin... :O... who removed the crying face emoticon?
Also, I'm the one who uses the light blue italicized comments.

And same thing.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I love this sanctuary forum of ours! :D
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Aumaan Anubis wrote: And it can be spelled chi or qi
or jedi mind tricks
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

DoorM4n wrote:I love this sanctuary forum of ours! :D
Word
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I need to find out where all the nice ladies are hiding. I'll probably need to move to find any haha. I hate this town lul. Love sucks. Kbai.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

"Love is like a hamster bro, if you dont keep feeding it, it will eventually starve and die!
Then you can buy a new one"
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Ogrish wrote:"Love is like a hamster bro, if you dont keep feeding it, it will eventually starve and die!
Then you can buy a new one"
What about water, I mean, something's gotta be wet! :lol: