The Official Rant Thread

Ogrish

Re: The Official Rant Thread

Post by Ogrish »

I too came to this conclusion, but i found enjoyment in creating maps and taking pics and showing them off, even if they didnt get played. I never could draw well, or paint, etc... so this was my art, it was something i could control and create, and be my own worst critic, and when i was stumped, You guys always had ideas and interesting ways around a problem, it was/is great having friends like you, thanks for everything.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

So I've been trying to rip vehicle models from APB Reloaded to inject them into halo, but ninja ripper keeps exporting them in weird groups, and punk buster keeps kicking me for loading 2 D3D instances. I've tried using 3DRipperDX but it does not launch the game, it says it's an invalid DirectX app. Reloaded also encrypts their newer models so I can't just open the pack file.

I went surf fishing today and didn't put on enough sun block like an idiot. My legs feel like they are roasting on an open fire. On top of that the clams I ate didn't settle right, so I can't really eat, and I nearly passed out from not eating. I smell like chum but it's too painful to take a shower atm.

On the bright site my cousin caught a nice size dogfish, and I managed to get a banana to stay down.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

One of my first friends in life and one of my best friends to this day passed away today. She would be considered a sister. It's a sad one today.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Sorry to hear about that DoorM4n. I have a few friends that are close like that and I can't imagine.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I couldn't imagine that DoorM4n. Sorry to hear bud.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I got my car broken into last night. This week is fucking awful.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I'm sorry you're having a shitty week doorman. I hope good shit comes your way soon.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Thanks Jackson, I genuinely appreciate your thoughts. Much love yall. This week is fucking rotten 'cause I have two finals next week also. This forum really helps me get my mind off the reality--whether that's a good thing or not, Im not sure--but I feel it has been balancing my stress levels. For that I am grateful.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Another friend died in a car crash today. What the hell is going? How is this week so fucking bad?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

That is awful. I'm so sorry. =(
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Haven't been feeling the same lately.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I spawned 200 fucking trees AGAIN...uploaded it and everything worked perfectly. I then went back to the tag and now everything was reverted back to its normal spawn. GAWD DAMMIT.

Entity 2.1.14 seems to be the most stable to me. Entity 2.1.15 is good for meta injection and SCNR duplication.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

So Im really eager to play Halo 1 on the Xbox One. This game should be the end all for the best of the Halo gaming series, and I've been wanting to play Halo 1 on XBL ever since XBL came out. XBC system link lag is unbearable. Im looking to get the hardware to play Halo MCC and I realized I need a new monitor (with hdmi), an Xbox One, and Halo MCC. That's like $500 of hardware minimum. FML. *scavenging craigslist for used hardware*

If yall know a place for an inexpensive monitor and good, used xbox one, inform me. Im all ears.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

DayGoddamnitZ is a fucking dickspank of a game, can't I just roam Chernarus on a server with fucking four people and not have to run into one backstabbing cock
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Double post because the student version of maya is hell
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Classes start today. I will be off and on around here for a month or so. Im going to work hard at getting my map released. It needs one final adjustment, but it is a very time consuming adjustment. :x
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Ordered 3 items on Amazon and waited a week for arrival.

1 item was an egregiously wrong item. (they sent a dreamcast cable instead of an Xbox cable)
1 item was broken.
1 item was a mildly wrong item. (sent a single link DVI cable instead of dual link)

Going to have to return all of items now and wait another week. :evil:

For fuck sake American online sellers. Get your shit straight. If I would have ordered this from China, I probably would have received the proper items.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

DoorM4n wrote:If I would have ordered this from China, I probably would have received the proper items.
And you would have received them by the time you're 80!

I mean I understand why you're mad but mistakes happen all the time, you just got bad luck x3 :P
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Yeah, 80 sounds about right. :P
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Is that last adjustment for your gladiator-style map? It was looking good.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Is that last adjustment for your gladiator-style map? It was looking good.
I honestly havent had time to do any edits over the last two weeks. School is draining all my free time. I think I may have to release a beta version with the vehicle not perfected. I know others are busy, but I would be up for someone else finishing it if they wanted to. I contemplated releasing it yesterday, but I didnt even have time to write up the post.

Click16 wrote:
DoorM4n wrote:If I would have ordered this from China, I probably would have received the proper items.
And you would have received them by the time you're 80!

I mean I understand why you're mad but mistakes happen all the time, you just got bad luck x3 :P
Guess what Click, I received the replacement cable from the company that messed up my first delivery and IT WAS THE WRONG ONE AGAIN.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

This semester is most likely going to suck :x
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Dang, what's different about this semester?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

My latptop's battery is fried I believe. My ac adapter burned out today while I had it plugged into my laptop. I had to buy a new one but when I have the ac adapter plugged into the computer the plug-end gets very hot (the plastic/rubber almost melts) and when I take the battery out and run the laptop off ac alone the heat of the plug is much reduced (it's warm but not hot). Since I will need to replace the battery it seems I am going to try to get a 9 cell version instead of the 6 cell version I had/have
Click16

Post by Click16 »

JacksonCougar wrote:My latptop's battery is fried I believe. My ac adapter burned out today while I had it plugged into my laptop. I had to buy a new one but when I have the ac adapter plugged into the computer the plug-end gets very hot (the plastic/rubber almost melts) and when I take the battery out and run the laptop off ac alone the heat of the plug is much reduced (it's warm but not hot). Since I will need to replace the battery it seems I am going to try to get a 9 cell version instead of the 6 cell version I had/have
Well I hope it all works out. I personally hate laptops, but I can see why they're good to have ready for use.