PC vs Mac Laptop

DoorM4n

PC vs Mac Laptop

Post by DoorM4n »

Howdy,

I am back with another feckless topic that may benefit you in someway but intends to give me some insight on computers. I am thinking about finding a way to sell my computer for a laptop. I have always loved Mac computers for some reason and I am extremely interested in getting a descent size laptop to fit my everyday needs that my PC cannot.

What are your personal views on laptops?
What are your views on Macs?

I do not plan to do much gaming on my Mac, so I am looking into trying something new and exciting.
Just another thread to voice opinions. :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Kirk

Re: PC vs Mac Laptop

Post by Kirk »

MacBooks and MacBook Pros are excellent. Where I'd consider getting a PC for a desktop, I'd totally go with the Mac for the laptop. Apple makes quality products, just not for games, and laptops aren't for games in my opinion, so this makes the MacBook/MacBook Pro the perfect choice for me.

You can always install XP/Vista.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

i havent personally used a mac just at school for ICT and stuff i have always liked the look but my dad wont let me dual boot it but the cool thing is the new macs have a program that lets you dual boot without partionizing the harddrive.

o and a mac is too expensive for me :D need a job
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

MacBook is $1,099 for the base-line model.

May seem a lot, but it's pretty much the same as the price of dell laptops, and in many cases the Dell is slower... and you have to remember you're getting an Apple computer, not a Dell.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Sigh: I wish I had a mac...
Pop War HomEY

Post by Pop War HomEY »

My personal experience with MACs are horrible :cry: i'd much rather have a PC desktop.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

haha, I am convinced! I am definitely getting a Mac Laptop as soon as possible

Hey Kirk, do you have a Mac Laptop? You sound as if you do :)
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Brother has one, I'm getting one in a month or so. I also worked with a computer lab that used them, so I have a fair amount of experience with them.

Don't take my word for it. If you have a store or somewhere around with computers on display (most general stores have macs on display) check them out and make sure you like it. They're not for everyone, but they're definitely for me.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Good deal, thanks for all the feedback fellas! I'm craving a Mac laptop more and more every second :D

I have been around them and I certainly love them, however, I really don't know what kind of programs are offered for macs that I usually use on pc. Hopefully, most are. I'm pretty sure the few that I use are popular enough to convert.

Thanks again! :D
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

The thing is, there are programs on my Mac that I wish were on my PC as well, and programs on my PC that I want on my mac (I have both a PC and a Mac that I use frequently).

You'll find pretty much all of the graphical programs you use on a PC on a mac (Photoshop, etc). What you won't have is 3dsmax. This problem is almost irrelevant for you, as all the new computers allow you to use XP/Vista apps in some shape or form. One method is the booting up of XP/Vista on your computer, another is booting up XP/Vista in parallels (basically having a window open in OSX with XP/Vista in it) and a third option, a program called Crossover which actually allows you to open windows programs inside the OS X operating system, like you would any other program. Or you could dump OS X completely and run off XP/Vista completely as your main OS and boot up into OS X when you need to use one of those programs.

I also like the design, it's simple and doesn't have all the unnecessary crap like most other laptops around have on the case.
Last edited by Kirk on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

looks like the XP sign needs to be changed to like :XP: :P
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Arg, yeah there we go.