Website Idea/Proposal Opportunity (Need Your Input)

DoorM4n

Website Idea/Proposal Opportunity (Need Your Input)

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey GUYS!

Hope all you guys are kickin' butt in your lives! Always wishing the best for y'all!

I have a website idea that I am currently developing. That's right--it's only an idea right now that I'm flush out and fine tuning. This means no concrete decisions have been made. But this is where I ask for y'alls input.

Without spoiling the details, I'm trying to find out what the best way to build a design proposal for a website? I imagine this is similar to a business proposal, but websites are so visual that I am not even sure what it would entail. I foresee this website requiring much financial capital to develop, but I envision its use by anyone with an internet connection.

While I gather my resources, I hope you'll be able to lend some of your knowledge and experience in websites.

To build off my initial question, what is the best way to put together a website design proposal for a design team to code? Also, do you recommend any website design teams that may be able to help me?

Much love.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Website Idea/Proposal Opportunity (Need Your Input)

Post by JacksonCougar »

I would suggest just looking at what others have done and get a bunch of screenshots of websites that are sort of what you want. Highlight the parts of the screenshot that works for you, cross out that which doesn't. Put together some swatches of colours or textures that you would like incorporated into the final design and write how you'd want them used in a box next to them. If you have basic Photoshop skills you could even recolor those screenshots to match the swatches.

Website design is infuriating, but it will cost money to get a good one made... sadly a shitty one can cost money too so research who you hire well.

Keep in mind how you will maintain the website down the road. Some who make websites will set you up with a simple hard coded page for every page without scripting and that will be almost impossible to maintain down the road. There are many pre-existing script back-ends for websites like WordPress that you can use. I you want Wordpress then hire someone to simply make you a template for that.

If you need to handle payments over the website that is also something to look into. I don't know if WordPress supports that.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

JC has some good points, but I would also suggest simply pen and paper (and print outs) which you can cut up. That way its easier to show what motion you want in your site. Make a ring binder of pages in your site. Once your happy with it, you could look at building it in a design tool or just stick with the ring binder.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Sorry folks for the long delay in my reply...final exams got in the way. -_-

Thanks for the tips Jackson and XZodia! That actually seems very practical, and Im going to start working on it!
Remnant! We were the last stand.