What is everybody doing with their lives?!

JacksonCougar
Huurcat

What is everybody doing with their lives?!

Post by JacksonCougar »

I will be turning 25(!) this summer and am currently halfway through my first year of university. I have been accepted into a computer science program for the fall as well which is pretty awesome. So far I have paid for all my schooling with the money I have made working in the summer, and with the support of my sister and brother in law who have been letting my live with them in their basement.

The economy in Canada is in the slumps right now and I am worried about finding work in the summer, however, I am hopeful that I will be able to find something!

I still spend some of my days poking at moonfxsh and getting it running better, but I haven't really worked on any new features yet. Most of my time in fact is taken up with studying and homework still haha.

I mostly play Darksouls in my off-time when it comes to video-games and I am very excited about Darksouls III being released in March! I have an Oculus Rift on pre-order as well, and am looking forward to starting some projects involving that soon.

I would love to hear how all of the remantmods community has been doing, and where they are in their lives now!
XZodia
Staff

Re: What is everybody doing with their lives?!

Post by XZodia »

I just turned 25 in January, and have been working on a contract to develop a mobile game for the past year. I get to work from home which has its perks but can get a bit lonely.

Considering getting a job elsewhere, possibly in Europe or America.

I don't have much time to play games, and (with all the free ones I get from xbox live and cheap bundles) my library of games is growing faster than I could possibly keep up with.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Been working as a Software Developer for the past couple years. Getting married this fall :)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Well, turned 37 back in November. 40 seems to be creeping up quickly...
Been working as a auto tech for the same VW dealership for 12+ years now and acquired my diagnostics & masters certification 2 years ago. Years back made a c# program to keep track of all our specialty tools in the shop, so I've been updating that recently as well as trying to learn a bit of unity programming. I have three kids (oldest is 6) and my son is big into spiders, so I'm trying to make him a fun little spider game in unity when time allows. Bought a '99 KX250 (my first ever bike) last winter, so I'm excited for spring to get out riding again. Hoping to take my kids with me a few times this year now that I ride a bit better. I realized this year I will have been helping lead my church's youth group for 20 years (with a year off here and there). 20 years since graduation... Again, I'm starting to feel old and looking at the facts makes me realize there is a reason why I'm getting gray hairs. Still feel mid-20's.
That's pretty much my life in a nutshell.
Jackson, are you studying at UBC or did you leave BC?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I left BC! Studying at a university in Calgary
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Im working for Ryans construction and termacide.

Bacically treating for termites, and replacing any damaged wood, wheather damaged from wood boring insects or rot, IE fungus.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

I'm working as a Telephonic Agent in a company called Dish, which offers Digital Direct-to-home satellital TV. But I really don't make nor receive any calls, my bosses discovered my ability to write VBA Excel macros and thus my main task now is to make statistics reports and audit processes.
I'm living with my fiancé for a year and a half now, we are holding a bit until our economy gets a bit better before getting married. I'll turn 21 this year.

Still play halo 2 on my ol' xbox from time to time, not much time to mod actually, but still some time but as usually, I get really busy for long periods of time (school, work, my life etc) so that's the reason why I come on for few days and dissapear for months.

I love you guys at remnant, in a completely manly and non-homo way, you've have been my only friends since I was 14 as I can always get back to this site and read about your lifes and such and feel welcomed back. I lurk sometimes :P

I'm at second year of my Software Development Engineering, still 2 more years!
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

I got engaged!
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I will be 38 in June actually, so i you gave me the feels there Troy! I'm still working in the food industry, currently as a Chef de Partie for a retirement community. I got divorced after 15 years, back in 2012. Living with my fiance of 1.5 years and having an awful time dealing with my kids not wanting to be around me or talk to me.

I still game in my off time, but I hardly have ANY interest in just about anything anymore. I still do a bit of 3d modeling and rendering but I seem to be losing a vast majority of my programming and artistic skills as I grow older. Most of the time I will start something and load something up...stare at my double monitors, move windows around, try to do something for like 15 minutes or maybe 3 hours, then usually close out WITHOUT even saving a drop of work.

I know, I know, I depress myself too lmao
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I bought an HTC Vive at the start of this summer and am looking forward to starting some new projects around that. I am enrolled in classes for the fall for a Computer Science degree.

During the summer now I am working in commercial construction and saving up as much money as I can for when I stop working in the fall.

tldr; I am still aliiiiive.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

(I added basic iframe support to bbcode)

Code: Select all

[iframe]https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6ljFaKRTrI[/iframe]
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

I got married a week and a half ago, now I'm in Russia for a month and a half.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Graduating from law school in a year or so. Then to pay off school loans! yay! :|
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Overwatch and working