Halo Modding Documentary

DoorM4n

Halo Modding Documentary

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey Guys!

Hizlo, of http://www.Halomaps.com, and I have been discussing a potential new project to archive the unbelievable feats and wonderful community that Halo modding manifested. This project is the creation of a Halo modding documentary--containing interviews, mod footage, and other related Halo videos. The interviews would be submitted from modders, detailing the history of modding, their experiences in modding, and their role in the modding community.

We are still unraveling the details, but I wanted to get in touch with all of you about this project because we are looking for interested modders and assistance in its development.

Hizlo and I are looking for people who are interested in working on this project. We are in search of people with ideas on how to mold this film, people with video editing skills, and anyone who is interested in helping produce this. If you think you can contribute to the project in anyway, then we would love to have your input and involvement.

I'm sure a lot of y'all have questions about this video and time constraints these days, but I'd be happy to answer what I can and work around your free time to help do this project justice. Hizlo and I are very serious about its production. We truly want to capture the essence of the Halo modding community that so many of us have been a part of.

So, what are y'alls thoughts on this? Are any of y'all interested? Let me know what y'all are thinking. We really want to do a good job on this so that we can give back to the Halo modding community because it has done so much for us. To do this documentary justice, it is imperative we have the input of those who were heavily involved. We will need your perspective on the development of modding and the modding community so that it is an accurate portrayal of the sub-world we inhabited.

Here is a link to TheHaloForum's Halo Documentary that might spark your interest.
http://www.thehaloforum.com/halo-videos ... -zola.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Xccpdiu0o#t=221

Here is a link to the Halomods thread that this idea has been lightly discussed.
http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/ ... #entry9592
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Halo Modding Documentary

Post by XZodia »

Sounds interesting, would consider doing an interview, but don't think I could help much beyond that...

PS I really enjoyed watching that retrospective, and hearing so many people sharing my feelings towards halo
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

I think it would be extremely interesting to see where people are now, explain the non cheating side of modding, and even get some video in there of mods. I always liked the way bungie did their vidocs, I honestly think you guys should throw together a pitch deck, and make a bold attempt at crowd funding this project. I think a lot of people from the old commujnity would like to meet in person. I say have an event somewhere. Have all generations of Halo, have some mods, all the greats. Do the interviews, and get good and smashed while eating tons of pizza. A hoorah HaloModsCon is ideal from my perspective, I fear for the people across the pond travel and all though.

I have so much on my plate, but if you guys need anything; you know where to find me.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

I like the idea a lot. I've used Adobe after effects before and could probably do some video editing for you, although I'd have to get back into it and touch up on some skills but I believe I have a good enough computer to work with. Let me know if you need some help and I'll be on XBL randomly.