Any one like to forge?

SikSemper

Any one like to forge?

Post by SikSemper »

I've been exploring the possibilities of Forge on H2A and let me tell you, I'm impressed. Although it's not perfect, its way better than before in my opinion. Does any one here like to forge and have the MCC? Add me on Xbox live my gamertag is "Sik Semper" or just add me anyways and we can play something. I'll post a comparison of turf's bsp viewer to my forged map, I'm about 65% of the way done so all the little details haven't been added.

Bsp View

H2A forge view
Sorry about the quality, I can't figure out how to view the screenshot from my computer via file share because it's dicked at the moment.

It's not exactly the same but it's been a challenge making it to scale but when you can view the original bsp at the same time on a different screen it makes it so much easier. It looks so much better now that every object can generate and cast a shadow.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Any one like to forge?

Post by XZodia »

Cool, whats your plans for it?

I wish I had MCC =(
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

OMG Sik! That's fantastic! I was trying to figure out what your purpose was for these images--and then it clicked. I was totally thinking that Turf was a H2A map after seeing your image! :lol: That's awesome man! Keep it up. I will download for sure!

Also, I forged a little in Halo 3 but stopped there because I was still modding Halo 2--and of course that was far superior. :P I may check it out, seeing that they greatly improved it.

Ah, yeah! Add me on XBL: DoorM4n
Remnant! We were the last stand.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

XZodia wrote:Cool, whats your plans for it?

I wish I had MCC =(
I plan to finish it as close to the original as possible, then maybe take it and make different variations of it for infection or something. It will be uploaded to my file share once I'm done. Yeah I bought the xbox one a few days ago just for the collection.

EDIT: do you have an xbox one? or do you just not have the MCC?
Last edited by SikSemper on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

DoorM4n wrote:OMG Sik! That's fantastic! I was trying to figure out what your purpose was for these images--and then it clicked. I was totally thinking that Turf was a H2A map after seeing your image! :lol: That's awesome man! Keep it up. I will download for sure!

Also, I forged a little in Halo 3 but stopped there because I was still modding Halo 2--and of course that was far superior. :P I may check it out, seeing that they greatly improved it.

Ah, yeah! Add me on XBL: DoorM4n
Thank you! I started the map off from scratch and it's been an endeavour getting it right. I'm actually going on entity's bsp viewer and adding a bunch of warthogs to the map end to end to roughly get the sizes of walls, going into H2A and placing the same amount of warthogs and making the wall that length in H2A. Did you know that turf is a 33x33 warthog square xD It's quite the process but it seems to work. I figured the warthog would be close to the same size, or at least be in scale with everything so I chose it. Forge is pretty sweet in H2A though, they reworked the magnet snap system, added a snap by "x" option to move over certain amounts at a time, added scripting and switches, gates, explosions and such. The building blocks help the most and the map budget is no longer based on an arbitrary value or item worth, rather now there is a set max limit of 650(maybe 700? dont remember) blocks or items that you can spawn with each counting as one.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Wow, I totally didn't realise you made that in forge, like Doorman I thought it was a H2A map!

and no I haven't got an XBox One =(
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

XZodia wrote:Wow, I totally didn't realise you made that in forge, like Doorman I thought it was a H2A map!

and no I haven't got an XBox One =(
That just means I'm doing it right 8-) and you must save up for the xbox one and said MCC so we can all play.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

More screenshots:

After:

I most have focused my camera wrong because it picked up weird lighting but oh well.