What are must-play mods of Halo 1 & 2?

nintendo9713

What are must-play mods of Halo 1 & 2?

Post by nintendo9713 »

My LANs aren't as frequent as they were 8 years ago, but I'm hosting one. Possibly going to have over 16 people meaning 8v8 Halo 1 & 2 (4 modded xboxes with upgraded HDD). My question is
  • What are must play mods/maps of Halo 1 / 2?
  • What gametype to accompany them?
  • Are they in a preexisitng mappack (H1:NMP/CXE/CCE/KMP) (H2:Phantom/Killtrocity/Remapped/Fragtastic)
  • If not in a mappack, where is the patch?
This goes without saying it must be SLC, and preferably no AI (this group doesn't particularly care for AI mods).
XZodia
Staff

Re: What are must-play mods of Halo 1 & 2?

Post by XZodia »

JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
nintendo9713

Post by nintendo9713 »

Thanks a ton for that list! BioDrop is the one I'm most looking forward to play with as many people as possible. A lot of those Halo 2 ones I think are in existing mappacks but I'm going to double check this weekend.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Wow, I wish I even knew 16 people that a) are worth hanging out with, b) are in the same geographical area, c) have access to an old modded Xbox, d) are any good at halo and e) willing to play. I would be stoked with 1/4 as many such people. Even if they only met criteria a and b.
nintendo9713

Post by nintendo9713 »

All the xboxes/controllers are mine, I have 8 modded xboxes. 4 have upgraded HDDs (250GB). None of the DVD drives work though, I bought them all broken for $20 each like 8 years ago. i'm just asking people to bring HDTVs with Game Modes

I only have one working Samsung DVD drive, if that thing dies I'll cry. And I go to a state university so theres plenty of people interested in halo out of the 30,000+. If ya'll remember HIZLO from Halomaps, he has a pretty fantastic gaming/LAN room that hopefully one day I'll have something similar to after I complete college, and hopefully these xbox(s) are still kicking!