It took a moment to say hello, but years to say goodbye.

Aumaan Anubis
Staff

It took a moment to say hello, but years to say goodbye.

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I may or may not have plagiarized the topic title for emotional impact.

What's up guys. I don't know if anyone is here anymore. Props to those who still browse and maybe see this. I'm just here to say goodbye, really. I was never able to contribute anything to this community. Neither in HaloMods, nor in Remnant, I could never grasp the magic behind modding. I made a couple ill-advised mods, even a skin at one point(it was terrible). And then AI in Multiplayer came around and I was helpless. The Xbox 360 came out and I was helpless. Remnant came around and as much as I wanted to keep Halo 2 alive I was still pretty useless. I'd like to hope my presence at least brought a smile or two to someone's face. Or added some sort of encouragement. I remember talking a LOT to Supermodder back in the day. And after that me and Grimdoomer chatted frequently. But my modding was done, and online relationships can only take you so far. I had entered college and I found the community had little left to offer me. Or in better words, the community had a LOT to offer, just nothing I was interested anymore.

But I couldn't really say goodbye. Remnant was always a backup social circle. "I may want to talk with DoorM4n again! I might get back into modding! I may want to post in the Happiness thread sometime!" But no, it's done. I wish I'd known you guys. Like, more than is possible on a forum. Neodos, Tural, GTAF, NotZach, Grim, Jackson, Xzodia, DoorM4n, there are just too many fucking people to mention and not enough to time to do it. We had quite the cool-kids club.

But it's time to go! I've graduated, I have a job, I'm getting an apartment. And I can finally say goodbye knowing I'll never taint the goodbye by coming back. So, enjoy your life! That's all I ask. If you don't enjoy it now, fuckin' bounce out of that tiny comfort zone you have and try something new. It is ALWAYS worth it.

My name is James Sguigna. Feel free to Facebook me if you want to stay in touch. If you're ever in my area, I'll buy you a drink.
Goodbye guys.
NotZachary82

Re: It took a moment to say hello, but years to say goodbye.

Post by NotZachary82 »

Been a seriously long time since I've seen your name on the forums man, and just the other day I was wondering what had become of you and how I never seem to pronounce Aumaan correctly in my head. It's great to see that you've successfully accomplished the struggle of being a student, last I checked you were at A&M, and I'd love to know what field you're pursuing your career in.

I'm unsure of whether or not you will actually check this thread for replies, ha! I'm never active on Facebook enough (I don't think it's even enabled anymore). If you're still in Texas, DoorM4n and I are living it up in Houston lol though we've never met/spoken IRL. Regardless, and if you see this, best of luck with all of your endeavors, and may life treat you well.

Later, loser!
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Wow. Although never really talked, you were definately a known entity ;)
Sometimes I've wished to do the same, but I don't feel hindered by staying in the community. You just need to realize that (no offense to anyone here) real life takes precedence. Again I don't know if this will be read as you have said goodbye, but best of luck wherever your path leads.

BTW, googling a name for facebook returns some pretty freaky invasive information about people :shock:
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

I remember you dude, you're even on my signature! :) You just entered a new trip in your life, do your best!
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey man! Great to see your presence on the forum. The first thing I gotta say is that even though you may not have contributed a bunch of mods, your mere presence, encouragement, excitement, genuineness, and creativity helped construct this monstrous halo machine we all are cogs in. I honestly would not entertain any idea that suggests you didn't add much value, because believe me, it was people like you who helped fuel this machine.

With that said, I gotta say that I left once, and I then came back with a new attitude about this thing we have here. Halomods is no longer a huge community of course, and this depressing idea that we are lingering remnants trying to revive a once unbelievable community is false, and our brotherhood is not as strange as it may appear on the surface. Sure, we are the remaining few who mod, but we also look at modding differently than the others (IMO). Modding is a hobby not a lifestyle. This community is a hobby. That's it. Halo modding at one point absorbed a huge portion of my life--and it kinda seems like it has lately. :lol: Hobbies come and go though, and they serve a variety of purposes. This stuff is just an outlet for our creative energy. We all have our lives that we must attend to and focus on, and this community is just a easy way to take our minds off the real world. I hope that you look at it similarly.

I don't know if I will make an official statement on my departure, as my emotional side might get the better of me. I imagine Ill fade out of this community when I start to settle down, but it won't be anytime soon. But my presence will be off and on, as my semester is about to get started soon. Truly, this world of ours has made a extraordinarily large impact on me. If I didn't have halo modding, I imagine I wouldnt be where I am now. I know Im "DoorM4n" on the surface, but underneath the profile, I've experienced and am currently experiencing my fair share (as proportion to age :P) of immense personal strife--and I know everyone has their own obstacles to hurdle. I also hope that this community has added great value to your life as it has mine.

No farewell from me, pal. I trust we'll cross paths again either here or in Houston--I suspect you moved to Houston from College Station because that's where a LOT of the jobs are. :P But you'll have to let us know where you ended up. So, yeah, there are a lot of Texas guys here. CaptainPF is in Austin, and we were going to go play disc golf, but time got the better of me. Would be interesting to grab a beer with some of you guys Ive known for 8-10yrs yet never met. Ive been advised not to before, but meh, what's the worst that can happen.

BTW, Zach, why haven't we spoken? haha. I play ultimate frisbee in Houston on some Saturdays. You should join sometime. Also, all y'all pepes add me on Facebook. Dylan Matthews. Im wearing a green shirt with blue sky background and black glasses.

For the rest of y'all, move to Houston. Remnantmods community should drain a bar sometime.

Oh, and Aumaan, how do you pronounce your name again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Aumaan, you were the best Moderator we ever had =)
I'm sad to hear you are leaving us, but you are welcome back any time!
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Of course I remember you! congrats on the graduation, job and all that jazz!

You don't have to leave really, I am here and I don't mod Halo 2 anymore and you don't need to be modding to hang out in this forum and come to chat but if life takes you to another path I understand, we will miss you though.

If this is a goodbye then I wish you the best in life!
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Aaaaaand I just realized I set my facebook settings to like, super private, since they recommend you keep it private from your place of work. That's been fixed.
NotZachary82 wrote:I'm unsure of whether or not you will actually check this thread for replies, ha! I'm never active on Facebook enough (I don't think it's even enabled anymore). If you're still in Texas, DoorM4n and I are living it up in Houston lol though we've never met/spoken IRL. Regardless, and if you see this, best of luck with all of your endeavors, and may life treat you well.!
I'm actually in Dallas. I'm moving into an apartment in Addison pretty soon that's 3 minutes away from where I work. But Houston's not too far. I'll have to make the trip sometime.
DoorM4n wrote:We all have our lives that we must attend to and focus on, and this community is just a easy way to take our minds off the real world. I hope that you look at it similarly. .
I realize that for sure, and I look at it that way, but a bit in another way as well. HaloMods was definitely an escape for me back in middle school, and then high school, and a bit in college. I've never been the most social person. I guess that the community is something I've used as a crutch. And it's time to join the "real world," sorta' speak. I hate that it's true and I hate to say it to you guys, but real world relationships bring so much more value than online. 2 hours at a bar/for a round of disc golf /going crazy at a party/whatever would surpass the 5-10 years of relationship-building we've all had together from HaloMods onward.
I want to clarify that there's nothing wrong with hanging around. It was a great hobby, and you guys are great people. It just meant something a bit different to me, and it's something I need to put behind me.

As for the pronunciation of Aumaan... I'm going to share the very scary fact that I have no idea. I've always pronounced it like: "Ow-mon." But like, a Jamaican "mon," like, "Heeey mon!" But you'd have to ask the developers of Zone of the Enders how they pronounce it.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:As for the pronunciation of Aumaan... I'm going to share the very scary fact that I have no idea. I've always pronounced it like: "Ow-mon." But like, a Jamaican "mon," like, "Heeey mon!" But you'd have to ask the developers of Zone of the Enders how they pronounce it.
If this source is credible...