Halo 2 Anniversary!

Post by NotZachary82 »

So pumped.

A LOT OF IMAGES BEWARE

Campaign

Multiplayer

CGI Cutscenes(???)

[ Rest of the gallery ]

Now who's gonna do a legendary run with me? 8-)

Idk if you guys can tell but I'm excited. Was hoping for H3PC with a HEK but this will be close. The multiplayer of this collection is what really excites me. Halo is back!
Last edited by NotZachary82 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Halo 2 Anniversary!

Post by XZodia »

So excited for this, I will need to buy an XBox One now >_<
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Fuck it; I'm holding out for a pc port(and if it never comes I don't think I'll pick this up). Not that it isn't awesome and everything, but right now I don't have money to blow on re-makes.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Looks awesome, but I don't want to buy an xbox one just for Halo.
I was really hoping for a PC release, with modding tools but its microsoft, so I guess I can dream all I want for a PC port :lol:

I didn't get any of the "next gen" consoles yet and I was leaning towards the PS4 to play iconic playstation games I have always missed on over the years and also they have some neat indie games on PS4 too.

I hear there also is a 2 player co-op online for Halo 2 anniversary.
Gahhh!! for now, not planning on getting one, any other games on xbox one you guys can think of that would be worth getting the console?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Sunset Overdrive and Crackdown 3.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Wonder if the Halo 2 maps would open up in current tools. Would be awesome to mod this if/when the XB1 gets modded :D
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Holy hell it's Eaton
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Yes!!! Im trying to figure out the MP aspect, though. Is there only one multiplayer combing all of the maps into Halo 2 anniversary--which doesnt seem right--or is each game going to have its own mp? Will Halo 1 have an online mp?!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Yeah, the multiplayer thing is confusing...

Halo 1 anniversary multiplayer used the reach engine i believe...

but they show you being able to switch between old and new h2 visuals which suggests it will use its own engine...
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Each Halo game has its own multiplayer. That includes Halo 1. For Halo 2 Anniversary they've updated six maps to be included in a newer "5th" multiplayer engine that 343 has said is a blend of Halo elements.

I'm curious as to what that truly involves and means, but I'm happy that all of the PC maps for H1 and H2 will be in their respective games. I've never played on Uplift or District.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Each title is running its original version of Blam! and the updated graphical.side is running along side it, same way CEA was handled. My best guess is that Megalo is being used to call the engines into play when voting on the maps occurs. Now since the original engines are being used, it is logical to.assume that the maps that are being run are also original. Otherwise they would have had to.recompile them to contain a matching engine version and signature.

So yes, if and when the XB1 gets homebrew we can easily replace all the maps the same exact way with the same exact tools, as we did on the original.Xbox. That aside, Microsoft can go fuck itself. They claim to want to please PC gamers, but instead of updating H2v, they pull this shit? And yes what about H3PC?!?! Shows how bad MS is failing when they have to rehash Halo just to sell.some hardware. I'll be skipping this wanna be remake as I want to remember Halo 2 for what it was,not what it will be now. And yeah, good to see you guys again!
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Twinreaper wrote:Each title is running its original version of Blam! and the updated graphical.side is running along side it, same way CEA was handled.
Since everything is buffed to 1080p and 60 fps regardless, that only applies to H1 and H2. In fact, it seems to only be applying to the campaign of both games. All of the multiplayer is the original multiplayer without any anniversary updates. Stock Halo 1 now with Xbox Live, and now stock Halo 2 with its original button-glitched multiplayer. HOWEVER H2A multiplayer seems to be its own separate thing. There's an interview between 343i and IGN where they talk about this.

You can't expect anything more from Microsoft. They want to sell their consoles; they failed marketing it last year and they know it. To expect anything other than for them to fix their profits is foolish. Frankie, though, did put out some interesting words on the subject of PC and they seemed more implying for the community to wait rather than giving up hope.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Twinreaper wrote:Shows how bad MS is failing when they have to rehash Halo just to sell.some hardware. ...I want to remember Halo 2 for what it was,not what it will be now. And yeah, good to see you guys again!
My thoughts exactly! MS is literally trying to snag all of their old successful products and diehard fans because they know that is where the money is. It's such a bullshit and lame tactic. It's ALL about sales when it comes down to the wire.

And why the fuck arent they appeasing their PC audience? I would guess because that is where a small portion of money is, but I dont know.

I don't know if I will skip out completely, but Im really disappointed of the reality of the situation. Rehash old shit because they are falling behind. :x
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

The previously released Anniversary edition contained multiplayer, but the gameplay all came from Halo: Reach. Now you can play Combat Evolved in its original form on Xbox Live for the first time.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/under ... 2655231c21
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Awesome post Xzodia. Cleared up the confusion!
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Movies get upgraded to blu ray, music gets remastered. This was probably low hanging fruit for Microsoft, and while they could have invested the effort elsewhere, it's a reasonable way to pay homage to the series, while glossing it up for a newer generation and luring the geezers to a new console. It's probably true for most people that each game has a few maps they really like. How convenient to have them all in one game, all hosted on a network with corporate muscle, instead of tunneling with a few old friends and never being able to host large games. I'll take it for what it is, even if there are better things they could have done instead.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I fucking knew Coag was the next one!!! WOW that looks great.

Question: Currently 4 mp maps of 6 have been listed that will be in Halo 2 Anniversary MP: ascension, lockout, zanzibar, and now coagulation. What do you guys think the other two maps will be?

Before coagulation was released, my thoughts were that Coagulation, Beavercreek, and Ivory Tower will be remade. Im starting to think I should have replaced one of those with a new Halo 2 map that came out post November release.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I would honestly be pleasantly surprised if they made a new map.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

I jumped back a bit when I saw Johnson and Hood. Fucking weird seeing them this way. Despite all these years I still clearly remember them in H2xbox graphics.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

DoorM4n wrote:I fucking knew Coag was the next one!!! WOW that looks great.

Question: Currently 4 mp maps of 6 have been listed that will be in Halo 2 Anniversary MP: ascension, lockout, zanzibar, and now coagulation. What do you guys think the other two maps will be?

Before coagulation was released, my thoughts were that Coagulation, Beavercreek, and Ivory Tower will be remade. Im starting to think I should have replaced one of those with a new Halo 2 map that came out post November release.
My vote would be for Containment.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I think they teased that they updated backwash a little at one point. They could've just meant that it looks great at 1080p and 60fps rather than a full blown anniversary remake though. Idk what or where that source was.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

What a lame piece of shit. Just what we all needed.... a 6th version of the overplayed and still ahitty Bloodgulch/Coag. Cant they ever do a map that hasnt been redone 5 or more times already?!?

And I love how the CGI cinematics require a streaming server connection to be played. They did the same bullshit in Halo 4's Spartan Ops and got raged at. Glad to see they listen.

Look guys, we have been told for over 7 years that MS cares about PC and that they will change how they release and support gamers. 7 fucking years! They even said it again at E3. And guess what? They still had nothing to show they care!

And dont get me started on the whole 60fps 1080i thing. That may be a new benchmark.for.consoles, but ive been enjoying my Halo PC games in that aspect and quality from day one. Amazing how the troves of idiots all clamor to specs like that, like its some fucking amazing new thing. Every single person who buys an Xbox One for the MMC, should be ashamed and murdered!
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

murder me then lol
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »