Post by DoorM4n »

Yes!!!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
DoorM4n

Re: Halo 2 Anniversary!

Post by DoorM4n »

Lockout has been posted!
(Right Click to View Image)
So far, Coagulation, Zanzibar, Lockout, Sanctuary, and Ascension have been unveiled. What is your guess that the last map will be?

My guess is that Beavercreek or Ivory Tower will be the map. If I had to pick one, it would be Beavercreek.
I forgot there is still Midship. Dammit. I have no idea.

neodos

Post by neodos »

Damnit! I guess I'll probably get an Xbone just to play Halo 2 anniversary :lol:

Lockout looks fantastic.
nintendo9713

Post by nintendo9713 »

I hope it's Ivory Tower or Headlong (I know unlikely), I'm a huge fan of asymmetrical objective maps. The highest I ever made it on Bungie leaderboards was rank 300-something in Big Team Battle. Favorite all time was 1 flag headlong, terminal, and zanzibar.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

My favorite gametypes in Halo 2 XBL was 1 flag CTF Zanzibar and Gulch Wars on any map (Coag, Contain, Waterworks). Gulch Wars was LEGENDARY! I had so much fun screwing around!
neodos

Post by neodos »

Those are great, I also hope they'll remake Headlong, unlikely but still hope.
That map was pretty fun to play on big team CTF or Bomb mode since it had multiple entrances to the flag or bomb planting site and you could sneak in by crouching all the way to not get detected by the radar :lol:
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I remember playing ctf on coagulation, sitting on the ridge or the middle hill for multi-hour matches doing nothing but controlling the snipers on the map. Waiting for the other team to poke a head up and blam! Great fun had playing random teams on xbconnect with my old clan buddies(DoA :D or some such). Foundation Swat, the circle jerk of halo, was a great way to train your aiming ability. Then there was zombies on foundation... and endless modded tower of power on ascension. So many well spent hours there.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Aaaaaand it has Forge.Darn. X box One is not in the time or money budget. Forging has gotten pretty good over the years with so many young people taking it way too seriously. I can attest that once a game loses its first year of popularity, the Forge creations cannot be acquired through the official channels. So you have to get them while they're hot or not at all.

Dilemma.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Aaaaaand it has Forge.Darn. X box One is not in the time or money budget. Forging has gotten pretty good over the years with so many young people taking it way too seriously. I can attest that once a game loses its first year of popularity, the Forge creations cannot be acquired through the official channels. So you have to get them while they're hot or not at all.

Dilemma.
haha, spot on CPF, but I want to say that the Halo games with forge that Bungie made (H3, Reach, etc) may be lost--because of what seems like obvious reasons of lack of archiving, though I don't know for sure--but Halo 4 forge content may be around for a while. I may be wrong though. I don't know how forge content will work being ported from Halo 4 to Halo MCC.

If I may suggest, you may be interested in putting a few bucks away each month. Eventually you can buy one off craigslist. I bought an Xbone off craigslist with kinect, titanfall, controller, and in pristine condition for $270. The full value of what I got was around $600 from my own estimates (including tax).
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

Since they're using the "original code" per say, what do you think the chances are that we can use our old modding programs with the halo 2 anniversary maps? I love that they're redoing the game but the thing I liked most were the glitches (confirmed to be in still) and modding. It would be a treat to be able to load the new maps up and mod them like I used to or even just replace them with previously modded maps.
EDIT:

Also if they changed it a bit, would anyone on the forum be interested in making new programs that would work as the old ones did?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Those anniversary maps are using a modified engine, I don't see those tools working. It's really just a modern Halo engine with modified Havok physics to better suit the H2 playstyle AFAIK
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

NotZachary82 wrote:Those anniversary maps are using a modified engine, I don't see those tools working. It's really just a modern Halo engine with modified Havok physics to better suit the H2 playstyle AFAIK
AH I see. Well I wonder how easy it would be to find the meta offsets and such for the new maps and release new programs. I'd pay to see it done I think, I could see many possibilities for new mods if it were ever possible with the xbox one.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

SikSemper wrote:I'd pay to see it done I think, I could see many possibilities for new mods if it were ever possible with the xbox one.
How much you offering? =P
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

XZodia wrote:
SikSemper wrote:I'd pay to see it done I think, I could see many possibilities for new mods if it were ever possible with the xbox one.
How much you offering? =P
haha well we'll see. I'd like to know if its possible first. I know it's a lot of hard work and research and I'd be willing to donate some here and there when I can for the effort you guys put in, especially from halo 2 because theirs like a million programs to assist modders.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

can we even get content on xbone? Let alone sign it?
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Microsoft knows the key to suppressing modding is being able to prevent network play outside their network, and they did that effectively several years ago. Between that and unsigned code, I have low expectations for modding. It would be wonderful, but it seems farfetched.

Now I just wish they would take the next step and let us formally and officially modify map tags. They could make tons of money on top of the original game with add-on purchases for content, models, weather, projectiles, effects, weapons, etc. $5 for a Roman themed content pack with bloc tags, player models and weapons. And so on. Tons of money.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

yeah pay annually for a dev license or something like that. It'd be really cool, and win win for everyone
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote: Now I just wish they would take the next step and let us formally and officially modify map tags. They could make tons of money on top of the original game with add-on purchases for content, models, weather, projectiles, effects, weapons, etc. $5 for a Roman themed content pack with bloc tags, player models and weapons. And so on. Tons of money.
I agree completely. That sounds similar to TF2, and TF2 is a goldmine for Valve.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

Well it has been confirmed that the original halo 2 maps with the original engine will be in the normal halo 2 section of the collection (as expected) so modding that would be nothing more than using the old programs with some way of writing the unsigned code since it is the same engine. How do they go about switching from halo 2 classic to anniversary graphics in-game? Do they just switch engines on the fly?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Only the campaign maps use the same engine and switch on the fly. The anniversary multiplayer is a separate entity entirely. You won't be switching from anniversary Ascension to classic Ascension. The layouts and engines are completely unique and not running simultaneously (this wouldn't make any sense anyway).

Also, the Xbox One AFAIK hasn't been modded yet, so nothing is going to happen until that point.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Holy Shit. 8hrs and 40min.

Shit, scratch that. 7hrs and 40min. It's being released at 11pm central.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Welp, MS got me with those Halo 2 cinematics made by Blur :O

Just got an Xbone! :mrgreen: and waiting for the MCC to release, comes out the 14th here though :!:
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

They must have messed with the original engine a bit or something, Halo 2 classic at 60fps no longer has superbounces.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I thought the latest updates for the original Halo 2 removed them anyways?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Nah, super bounces existed through all the updates, I think. 343 warned that superjumps wouldnt be there because of the increase to 60fps--thats a bit disappointing, but oh well. It's pretty interesting that they used the Halo PC and Halo Vista code to make Halo MCC. You can tell how the geometry in the maps are a bit different from the Xbox versions that we all know down to the vertice. :lol: I gotta say, and Im sure yall feel the same way, that I feel like I have a special appreciation for Halo and Halo 2 now that I know the maps from the inside and out. Im very sure that yall have felt this for some time now, because as have I, but it really dawned on me how much we all know about this game after playing it on the next gen console. I felt like Halo 1 and Halo 2 are my babies all grown up--although I've not had the pleasure of having children so Im not sure how accurate that is. >_> Nonetheless, Halo 1 and Halo 2 feel like such beautiful masterpieces in 60fps and it feels great knowing we have a such a special connection with them.