Halo 2 Anniversary!

SikSemper

Re: Halo 2 Anniversary!

Post by SikSemper »

DoorM4n wrote:Nah, super bounces existed through all the updates, I think. 343 warned that superjumps wouldnt be there because of the increase to 60fps--thats a bit disappointing, but oh well. It's pretty interesting that they used the Halo PC and Halo Vista code to make Halo MCC. You can tell how the geometry in the maps are a bit different from the Xbox versions that we all know down to the vertice. :lol: I gotta say, and Im sure yall feel the same way, that I feel like I have a special appreciation for Halo and Halo 2 now that I know the maps from the inside and out. Im very sure that yall have felt this for some time now, because as have I, but it really dawned on me how much we all know about this game after playing it on the next gen console. I felt like Halo 1 and Halo 2 are my babies all grown up--although I've not had the pleasure of having children so Im not sure how accurate that is. >_> Nonetheless, Halo 1 and Halo 2 feel like such beautiful masterpieces in 60fps and it feels great knowing we have a such a special connection with them.
I agree, and it upsets me that the regular super bounces don't exists because for me it was a big part of the experience. However, after a bunch of testing it turns out that you can in fact super bounce.. ish. You have to jump from roughly three times the normal height you would have originally, for example if you jump off the very top of the small tower on ascension onto the line where the industrial ground meets the yellowish terrain, you'll do a bounce. It seems like super bounces are all monster bounces on h2a now because they all send you flying super high. The down side is that pretty much none of the old bounces work at all and you have to find higher spots to jump from and the height you have to jump from is hard to reach in most maps without a banshee or sword canceling.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Why do I never see any of you online bitches?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

i've been playing elite dangerous... and don't have an xbone
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I didn't end up buying an Xbox, prioritizing school atm. I'll probably buy one in a couple months, eager to play the Relic DLC haha.
neodos

Post by neodos »

XZodia wrote:Why do I never see any of you online bitches?
We should choose a day/hour to do some Halo MCC games!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

What timezone are you in?
neodos

Post by neodos »

GMT +1 I haven't been playing much on xbone though, lots of work, I can definitely take some time to play the week end ;)
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Cool, I'm GMT and should also have time at the weekend!