A game to agree apon...

troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

A game to agree apon...

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:I started playing Red Alert 2 online a lot recently, anyone interested in a match?
Personally I barely touch any computer games (in the past week my laptop has been commandeered by my 2 1/2 year old daughter who just learned how to use a mouse & the touchpad to play Cat in the Hat online games). As for 360, I've been playing the Undead Nightmare expansion for Red Dead Redemption (to tick me off I was going for 100% completion achievment, but apparently there's a glitch that I didn't realize, so I'd have to restart to get it. $!%#) and I enjoy games like:
Call of Duty
Splinter Cell
Rainbox Six
Forza

Used to love RPGs and some sim games, but no time anymore.
Going to get Battlefield soon and probably COD:MW3 as well.

What about the rest of you folks? PC or 360? What games?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Re: A game to agree apon...

Post by Grimdoomer »

Been playing Skyrim, must say its awesome but I don't have much time to play it for more than an hour or so at a time :?
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

To add to my previous statement, RA2 has a fair amount of modding potential and good tools exist for it. You can make maps fairly quickly and it supports scripts and such like.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Bought MW3 last night and got a few games in. Has the same feel as MW2, so I think it'll be good.
I'm not great, so feel free to avoid me, but if you don't care, add me to XBL:
TroyMac1ure
neodos

Post by neodos »

Since I am not playing any of the games you guys are... I haven't touched the xbox 360 for a while neither, didn't plan to get Halo anniversary, but maybe we could
play that?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I'll get it, but probably not when it first comes out...
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Which Rainbow Six? I have an old one for Play Station 1, Rainbow Six 3 and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow for the Xbox. I think I Played Rainbow Six Vegas on the PC, it was one of the newer ones. It didn't feel enough like Rainbow Six for me to continue playing.

I was playing Warrock for the longest time but I couldn't get used to sniping in that game, I had to set my sensitivity so low that I would need a 2 foot mouse pad just to turn 180 degrees without my crosshair jumping 2 to 4 pixels. I think this is due to the lack of mouse acceleration in the game plus having a lower DPI mouse. What I really love about this game is that hit registration is client side for the shooter. If both players shot at the same time, they both died at the same time.

I then jumped to COD MW2 for a while, I think I'm on prestige 5 or 6. I then stopped playing because after playing Counter Strike Source, I realized how shitty the responsiveness of the game is. First of all, the game sends your mouse input to the host, the host then reports back and tells the game to turn your camera so many degrees. You can feel the delay and end up constantly over shooting or under shooting. The second part that made me quit was the extreme bullet delay. It took at least 3/4 a second for the server to register your shots, although many times it felt like more. I noticed if I died my last 3 to 5 shots would not register, but if I was using last stand or final stand, my last shots I fired before falling would register after I shot the opponent 3 times with my side arm. Also sniping in this game is just wrong, 90% of the trees and brush does not render after 50ft, so if someone was hiding in thick, tall grass, I would see them laying on dirt and shoot them. Also putting a silencer on a Barrett 50 cal makes the gun not kill with a headshot. :huh:

I still play Counter Strike, although it too has some bullet delay which is real annoying, especially when I see my AWP hit someone dead in between the eyes, watch blood splatter on the wall, and about a half second later they kill me and they take no damage >_>. I have a 6ms ping with one of the GunGame servers, and this delay is still there. Other then that, it's one of my favorite PC first player shooters. I really enjoy Zombie Mod for this game, but I hate it when servers have "No Reload" because then all someone has to do is sit in a hallway with an assault rifle and spam bullets to fight off the zombies. My favorite servers are part of the ibis gaming community. They have 5 or 6 CSS servers plus a Minecraft server.

I recently (I guess 400hours worth is recent) have been playing APB Reloaded. It's a third player shooter kind of like the GTA series. I like the character customization and the somewhat open world feel. Once you max out your contacts by doing missions, the game is pretty much free roaming, but there's not much to do if you're a criminal at that point. Playing as a criminal, I enjoy getting to notoriety 5 which turns everyone on the server into an enemy, which is fun when you're on a roof top with a semi-auto high precision rifle :XD: Enforcers can get the same thing but only by killing criminals ( I think, haven't played an enforcer long enough) however, they only see criminals as enemies and the other enforcers see the player as their teammate and get penalized for shooting them. Enforcers can also "witness" criminals doing wrong and try to kill them, or arrest when using a less then lethal weapon and stun them. My few dislikes about this game are the wacky spawn system and the limited unreal engine (Unreal is not limited, but this game limits it) without SLI support. Sometimes when I kill someone they respawn 200M away from me, sometimes they spawn less then 50M behind me and they kill me before their spawn protection goes away, so I'm dead no matter what I do... The SLI problem has been around since the beta of this game. Basically some players become invisible and others glow in the dark when SLI or crossfire is enabled. This game has Nvidia PhysX but doesn't use it properly and does most of the physics calculations on the CPU, which causing massive frame drops when smoke particles are rendered. It also loads all the textures into RAM and eats through 4GB of memory for some people. The max amount of RAM it uses for me is 2.6GB, when it reaches that the game freezes for a second, and deletes a lot of stuff in memory not currently being uses. This game does require some custom configuration to get it to run right on some systems, but it shouldn't take more the 20 minutes of messing with some of the engine ini files.

I also play minecraft... IT'S ALL BLOCKS!
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

xxpenguinxx wrote:...
Damn that's a long post. :XP:
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Geometry wars retro evolved 2 for xbox live arcade. Several years old but the high degree of refinement gives the game a long life. Death tank for xbla, which is based on an old DOS game called Scorched Earth (Troy?). Chess and go (ancient game of black and white stones from China) on good old fashioned wood.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Death tank for xbla, which is based on an old DOS game called Scorched Earth (Troy?).
:x I see, so anything old is automatically directed at me ?!?!?!?
... btw, I used to play scorched earth to death. Loved using Nukes. Hmm... I guess that stuff does role down my alley :roll:

Also, I was big into C64 (Commodore for you youngsters) and still own mine with a whack of 5 1/4" disk games to boot (including space taxi).

A few days ago I started playing Adventure Island 2 (for SNES). Never played it before, but I am quite happy with the control & response of the game. I loved Crystalis for NES; the gameplay and the layout was great. I've been tempted lately to make an old school style RPG like that.

Last edited by troymac1ure on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
HawaiianModder

Post by HawaiianModder »

Grimdoomer wrote:Been playing Skyrim, must say its awesome but I don't have much time to play it for more than an hour or so at a time :?
Have you done any skyrim modding by chance?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

HawaiianModder wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:Been playing Skyrim, must say its awesome but I don't have much time to play it for more than an hour or so at a time :?
Have you done any skyrim modding by chance?
Yes actually. I made a trainer for 360 that allows for no clipping, free training with limits, all locks in the game unlocked (even those that require keys etc), no level boundaries, no fast travel restrictions, etc. Got any sort of instant messaging client?
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Just had to open some roms after reading this.
Attachments
shinobi.png
(195.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

My dad had a Commodore 64. I recall having more fun with the Atari. I only played Gorf, maybe Galaga if there was one for the Commodore. Couldn't manage to kill that pesky mother ship, but I was probably 5 years old at the time. Also tried a Smurfs game but it kinda sucked. If you are into NES and SNES games, I recommend perusing romhacking.net. The RPGs are thoroughly hacked, particularly Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy. And Super Metroid. For the NES, there is a fantastic all-in-one disassembler/debugger with conditional breakpoints/trace logger/hex editor/etc. called FCEUXDSP. Assembly can be mind-numbingly tedious, but I actually enjoyed doing some assembly programming on a couple of NES ROMs because that tool is so good. I don't know if the tools are as evolved for SNES, but I recommend investigating.

Troy, do you have a XBL user name? Let's play some Death Tank.

@Ogrish - I played Shinobi on the Genesis, but never the NES or Sega Master System. I'll try that one. I'm partial to ninja games.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

CaptainPoopface wrote:My dad had a Commodore 64. I recall having more fun with the Atari. I only played Gorf, maybe Galaga if there was one for the Commodore. Couldn't manage to kill that pesky mother ship, but I was probably 5 years old at the time. Also tried a Smurfs game but it kinda sucked. If you are into NES and SNES games, I recommend perusing romhacking.net. The RPGs are thoroughly hacked, particularly
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past => Owned back in the day & finished multiple times
Chrono Trigger => Finished
Final Fantasy (original? FF2? FF:Mystic Quest?) => Finished, Finished, Finished
Super Metroid => Played for a while, but wasn't totally my style
CaptainPoopface wrote: For the NES, there is a fantastic all-in-one disassembler/debugger with conditional breakpoints/trace logger/hex editor/etc. called FCEUXDSP. Assembly can be mind-numbingly tedious, but I actually enjoyed doing some assembly programming on a couple of NES ROMs because that tool is so good. I don't know if the tools are as evolved for SNES, but I recommend investigating.
NES emulation?
this is I:
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=t ... 6eMZwq-RQA
CaptainPoopface wrote:Troy, do you have a XBL user name? Let's play some Death Tank.
It's a tough tag: TroyMac1ure