Official Let's Bitch About This Site Thread

Prey

Official Let's Bitch About This Site Thread

Post by Prey »

:D j/ks

but I'd just thought I'd elaborate on my 'this site cold be better' post earlier!..

You might argue with that (e.g. its too simple), but with zero traffic it's not like these subforums serve a point anymore. So what if you have halo3 tools/torials and mods in one forum: they are far and few between, but once they gain in numbers they can easily be separated. Take a look at this site that I get help for my [crap!] electronics course: http://www.electronicspoint.com/. What a simple and effective web design...

skin1 skin2 maybe you dont agree but they just called out to me because they were simple and easy on the eyes. I didn't look very long though.

jtag modding will only catch on more. I believe halo2 modding only became more popular during its end too (end being the xbox 360 coming out)

If you could get the halomods.com domain, or something similiar, too. Theres no point being a remnant for halo 2 anymore..

Bring back the days when 50+ people were on at any one time. I even remember that one person put a picture in his sig once showing that he was actually the only person online one time because it just didn't happen :>
XZodia
Staff

Re: lets bitch about this site thread

Post by XZodia »

The sub forums are there to make it easy to find what you looking for.

Those skins are ugly...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Prey

Post by Prey »

Well yes, I think that is the point in subforums? Problem is no one is looking in them, therefore they're just over complicating the site now. They were useful in the past (well some were arguably never useful), but no longer.

This skin is uglier.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Tbh, I never really noticed the annoying mess which are the forums because I just press the 'view new posts button' on a regular bases. However I have known about the decay of the website for a long time, and even did some small amount of work on coding new thing and stuff: however the truth of the matter is that most of the stuff on Remnant was coded by Supermodder911 (with the exception of the current half-baked theme) so I ended up having to learn php scripting, on top of improving my css knowledge. Basically it turned out to take more time and effort than I really had the spare time for. That was before I started working full-time. Now my spare time is mostly taken up by the small amount of programming I still do for Halo 2 apps. But maybe one day I will finally finish a makeover for this website. Someday...
Prey

Re: Official Let's Bitch About This Site Thread

Post by Prey »

Hmmm, there are custom elements on this board? Or are we just talking about the edits to the skin?

There isn't much coding needed as far as I can see: change the categories using the admin panel, move the topics to their right place using mod panel. Install a new skin using admin panel. Get a better domain name.

If it's a question of time, maybe you know someone who does have time?

Edit: what is the logic behind hiding the cafe from guests? the cafe is the only active place lol; new people who come here will definitely think this place is dead :{
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Cafe is hidden from quests? Didn't know this. Lots of crap is broken though. Like all those custom things I mentioned Supermodder911 doing. I broke them all. Looked at my php template's code. It is very broken. Guess I need to go ahead and fix that before I look into seeing if I want to work on the theme or not.
Prey

Post by Prey »

Well that stuff is just a few files, and doesn't phpbb come with some repair option? And skins are very much a download and click the install button process. eazy
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I remember when Supermodder was cool.

Ah, those good old days.

Also; yes; the site sucks in its current aesthetic condition.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Guess you guys finally got sick of the banner I made :XD:
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I have always loved the uniqueness of Remnantmods! I think it all looks good and shouldn't be bitched over. :P
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JacksonCougarMod

Post by JacksonCougarMod »

Everything after this will be deleted. Nothing to see. Move along.
Xerax

Post by Xerax »

I like the default style. Reminds me of HaloMods </3 (change the logo though D:)
MTW wrote:You're the leader of the Halo Kiddies.
MTW wrote:don't make me DDoS you.
Xerax

Post by Xerax »

Shock120 wrote:how many accounts do you need to make?
wot.
Shock120 wrote:and why? :¬_¬:
"Reminds me of HaloMods"
MTW wrote:You're the leader of the Halo Kiddies.
MTW wrote:don't make me DDoS you.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

im happy with the way it looks, but i did like the older version too.

As long as the main shit works ill be happy, who cares if the shit noone even uses works lol
neodos

Post by neodos »

Yeah its allright, i just want to see the names of the last posted threads as it was before, so you dont have to go (example) "halo 2 > modding discussion > thread"
neodos

Post by neodos »

Damn you Jackson, i want bigger avatars, bigger sigs.

I'd like to have some access to ftp and sql to make this pace better when i have some time =)
Last edited by neodos on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Are you high?
Gary

Post by Gary »

Yeah, Neodos, I sorta understood what you just said, but it seems kind of odd the way you said it...
neodos

Post by neodos »

Lol edited ;)
Click16

Post by Click16 »

The first page of the Happiness thread shows up as a malware warning. (Using Google Chrome).

"Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on remnantmods.com.
Content from forums.halomods.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more"
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Click16 wrote:The first page of the Happiness thread shows up as a malware warning. (Using Google Chrome).

"Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on remnantmods.com.
Content from forums.halomods.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more"
I'm using Chrome and I have never experienced this before..
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

As it is coming from halomods I don't really know what to do about it... it\s likely any content from halomods is causing the warning and not the offending files in particular.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Yeah, I've seen this coming from Halomods in the last 3 days or so. I've been on there looking for old map packs, and an old photo from T Beezie in particular that I wanted to ask him about. Who is running Halomods now? Kornman?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Got it on FireFox too:
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 8 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 6 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-11-10.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including eezvvpit.xxxy.info/, densepromissory.info/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Weird it's not doing the same for me. I'm using Firefox 16.0.1.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.