k ... new HM now

NotZachary82

k ... new HM now

Post by NotZachary82 »

http://forums.halomods.com

The site has been entirely redone, if you haven't noticed already. Updated to phpbb3, and other new crap.
xxpenguinxx

Re: k ... new HM now

Post by xxpenguinxx »

It doesn't look like halomods anymore. :cry:
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Agreed.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

I don't see what's so bad about it. It looks like a modern forum now. The only thing I dislike is the layout, but I will get used to it in due time.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Fuck Halomods now.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I do not approve of the new look.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

On Soviet Halomods, posts delete you. *how cliche*
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I wish we could TP HaloMods.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Wow is it now when you guys release halomods changed? it changed long time ago so when Iron forges comes to say he has to quit and that he was taking care of the forums during these years, I can't believe that, halomods is pure trash since motm and outstanding mods and kids playing moderators there.

But anyways respect to IronForge for inventing modding, I guess one of the most inactives members at halomods.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

MOTM changed HaloMods? Now that doesn't seem to make sense. Seeing as, MOTMs weren't in full effect when I joined.
Outstanding mods had been there way before I joined... so that doesn't make sense.

And the moderators there were pretty much always the moderators, as long as I'd been there.
So no, what you say 'changed' HaloMods, really was what HaloMods was made up of, at least for quite awhile.

I hate the new theme.
Tural's resigning. GTAF is resigning. Detox is resigning.

As much as they pissed me off sometimes, which comes with the job of staff, I really can't see them as not being staff. They'll pretty much never be normal members, to me. 'cept here. :P

You may actually like it there, now, Neodos.

But no. We 'realized' that it changed now, because of new management. And they're nailing the coffin door shut.
neodos

Post by neodos »

You joined 30 Jun 2006 halo 2 modding started on 2004 and also i was on halomods since files.halomods.com forum, but anyways i said that because they stopped MOTM and then outstanding mods, the wreid thing about this is that there's almost only moderator's mods on outstanding, also the only moderator that i like at halomods Scotty Gee is the one who decided to close MOTM because everyone was going too competitive and selfish.

I bet the new management can't get worse, probably peacful place now but boring.

Oh and where the fuck is prometheus? lol
So yeah I really can't respect these people telling "we gonna release amazing shit to mod wait wait wait" yes wait until everyone is bored and modding is outdatted right? i mean for prometheus team its been years now :|
Oh and please don't come to tell me "omfg noob don't say that, now you said that you won't get our cake, the app."

And then they come all like "well its been great and shit but now i has to leave k?"

Fact is they can't get the app done, its ok just say that instead of telling to the community "omg stfu and wait, if you don't we won't release" like if community was guilty to seek for something you announced, i know i repeat myself but its true, Prometheus, H2R, Jmad injector.

That was my halo modding geeky rant of the week :roll:

Now im gonna go do something constructive.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:MOTM changed HaloMods? Now that doesn't seem to make sense. Seeing as, MOTMs weren't in full effect when I joined.
Outstanding mods had been there way before I joined... so that doesn't make sense.

And the moderators there were pretty much always the moderators, as long as I'd been there.
So no, what you say 'changed' HaloMods, really was what HaloMods was made up of, at least for quite awhile.

I hate the new theme.
Tural's resigning. GTAF is resigning. Detox is resigning.

As much as they pissed me off sometimes, which comes with the job of staff, I really can't see them as not being staff. They'll pretty much never be normal members, to me. 'cept here. :P

You may actually like it there, now, Neodos.

But no. We 'realized' that it changed now, because of new management. And they're nailing the coffin door shut.
What’s HaloModding gunna be once they quit? I mean the site won't have a purpose any more.

Edit: Well the site doesn’t have a purpose now.

Edit2: I miss halomods, when you could get on the forums any time of day, and there would be new posts. Remnant is awesome, but sometimes there isn’t anything new for a week :cry:

I think that the launch of 360, marked the end of what was once a great era in modding. It was so easy to mod your xbox, get a game and mod it. There was so much activity, so many people involved. Friendships were made, boundaries were broken. Now it's a bunch of retards in their moms basement waking off to halo 3 mods. Halo 2 modding is dead, and so is modding of other games. Respected members are gone, halomods is a bat out of hell, and on top of all no one cares anymore.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Could have made it look a lot nicer couldn't they, like our awesome banner that I made :D

Personally I hadn't been there for a few months I went there asked how to do stuff because the tutorials didn't make sense to me and just got constantly flamed so that put me off from modding, alot.

But I understand that with Iron_Forge the creator of modding gone the site probably won't be the same and i'm guessing Tural got sick off all the stuff he had to do.

This opens the door to remnant we could stand up and release a few things just to keep it still alive.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

zomg so bright mah eyes hurt O_O help i'm bleeding
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

well I think halomods as finally lost all its worth...I'm thinking its good-bye bookmark time...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

They just need to change the theme to subsilver, this new one is kind of childish.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
Click16

Post by Click16 »

xxpenguinxx wrote:...this new one is kind of childish.
I wouldn't necessarily say it looks "childish," but it looks new. I can easily get used to the new look. To me it
is not too bad. Just different.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

It just doesn't feel right, like somethings missing.

It's kind of like when I had to use vista and it did feel right, but now I'm used to the look and where things are.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

xxpenguinxx wrote:It just doesn't feel right, like somethings missing.
That is exactly what I was thinking. haha, it makes me want to stay even further away from Halomods.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

When staff is apologized to...(for some reason, I'm taking huge offense to that)
When the new staff will stop acting like idiots...
When the board layout is organized and fixed...
When we can choose between quality themes...
When the "Other Modding" section is removed...
When warlord no longer exists at HaloMods...
When SourceGuy is no longer administrator...

I will start being quite a bit happier with the site.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:When warlord no longer exists at HaloMods...
OH MA GAD HE'S IRRITATIN
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

I'm curious, who is warlord and why is he such an irritation?
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

He's someone who's been banned multiple times.
He doesn't have proper English.
In general, he's just annoying.
Think of Eternal, but instead of being annoying to people when Tural's around, warlord's just annoying to everyone.

He's been repeatedly mistaken as someone who holds power, though he doesn't. He'll complain that people do this, then he goes and identifies himself with staff.
Though, apparently, he is on the dev team.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:When staff is apologized to.. I didn't like tural anyway.
When the new staff will stop acting like idiots... I didn't think they where acting that idiotic.
When the board layout is organized and fixed... Somewhat agree.
When we can choose between quality themes... I agree.
When the "Other Modding" section is removed... Why? is it that big of a deal?
When warlord no longer exists at HaloMods... Don't really care.
When SourceGuy is no longer administrator... Don't care.
My thoughts in blue.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Gjsdeath wrote:I didn't like tural anyway.
If you didn't happen to like shadowkhas, GTAF, or Detox, those 4, including Tural, who resigned, then I'd venture to guess that you have an issue with authority.
Gjsdeath wrote:I didn't think they where acting that idiotic.
Shout locked Tural's thread to create his own thread, which was the exact same thing.
To be staff, SourceGuy requires that you act the way he wants you to act. You cannot disagree with the new theme, or anything related to the staff. You're controlled like a puppet.
New staff is getting rid of some people's permanent RCs. Sarb is back, warlord is back.
The whole idiotic idea that they thought that people would love and thank them for the change, even though they absolutely failed at communication and preparation.
Gjsdeath wrote:Why? is it that big of a deal?
HaloMods is now attempting to be GenericMods. HaloMods was a place for almost all things Halo. I was ecstatic about that, because I loved Halo. It's like...
Here's a metaphor. Every room in your house is dedicated with Halo wallpaper. All your dressers have Halo action figures on top, and whatnot. One day, you come home, three new rooms are added to your house. They're completely decorated in Hello Kitty. I would be pissed.
It's not some personal offense against people. It's what HaloMods represented to me.
Therefore, those who see it as a good change will be unable to see it from my view, no matter how much I explain. But I'll try to reiterate. It's a negative change because of what HaloMods use to mean to me. It's because of what it use to be. Now it's not that place I use to go to to hang with people. It's some generic website that I've never been to before.
And yes, you'll say that, "How is it not what it use to be? A couple new subforums were added..."
Again, those who don't share my feelings will be unable to understand.

And seriously! My god, even Iron_Forge is pissed at the change! I'm not sure how some people can see this as a step forward.

~XZ~ I know exactly what you mean.