searchprotocolhost.exe

DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

searchprotocolhost.exe

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Has anyone here (who runs Vista) run into RAM issues with that searchprotocolhost.exe?

Recently this executable has gone fucking haywire. Whenever it does it's thing it commits all available RAM to itself, bringing my PC to a standstill. It's only just today begun to NOM up my RAM every five minutes or so. I've disabled it for now until I can get it running without ramping up my RAM.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
NotZachary82

Re: searchprotocolhost.exe

Post by NotZachary82 »

That's an occasional error that Microsoft said they'd be fixing ... but that was a long time ago ...

You could disable the search indexing ... here.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Or you can just use CCleaner and edit the Registry (Like the Run at Startup apps) and disable the Startup property of that shit :D
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

What it does it's commits all remaining RAM (about 1.2GB) to it's processes but only uses like 10Mb of it and doesn't let the RAM go till it's done.

I already had it disabled at the time of my post above. However it's back up and running, which is odd because I disabled it.
I just hadn't noticed it starting back up because it's working correctly now and not NOMing on my RAM without mercy. :lol:
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

I've never seen nor heard of this process... I'd just kill it in Task Manager.