Halomods...

Gary

Re: Halomods...

Post by Gary »

Most likely, but because the systems for signing up is still disabled, I suggested to DS that we could make it so Admin must approve a member to sign up.

I think one of the reasons of keeping it disabled is to keep n00bs out, maybe I'll make a tutorial for softmod your xbox, and start modding halo2.

I will most likely make the tutorial when I come back to modding, but until then, I'm going to be modding half life 2.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

If more people end up coming then more moderator positions could be made maybe?

Also thats a good idea to make it be approved before you can come onto the site.

And we could create a spam thread so that you can just lash out all your random shit there.
Tural

Post by Tural »

RaZoR73 wrote:And we could create a spam thread so that you can just lash out all your random shit there.
neodos would have to be the author of said thread.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Here i don't spam, i just spam with moderators like you and Veegie pretending they can control all.
Tural

Post by Tural »

Obviously. Big bad moderators are to blame, and you're just an innocent little boy who gets picked on for no reason.

You have done nothing but fight with staff for a year. You're just as much as fault as the people you dislike, so just cut your stupid bullshit already, you're not convincing anyone. You go out of your way to argue, and then blame other people for starting it. Just shut up, nobody gives a shit.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Okay... let's just all take a chill pill here..

I don't get why every argument involving the word "halomods" has to turn into a battle.

Okay yes halomods is pretty much dying it's not the moderators fault that it is (well not that i know of) they are just doing there job and keeping the annoying fanboys from saying "zomg i liek swaped teh smg bulletz 4 teh roket ammoz lul!!!11!!1!!"... and so on.

I just hope that all the information and good mod's that have been created don't get deleted so that our work will always be seen and not forgotten.

Thanks for reading...
Tural

Post by Tural »

The solution to not losing data is having a respectable person stand up and take over the site.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Would be an interesting thing to see an active admin at halomods again... or for once: his activity I assume was before my arrival.

If it looks like things are going to hit the fan, I do not suppose you could get us a database backup so I can host a static archive here?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

RaZoR73 wrote:Should gather all the information and bring it here.

Does that mean people might gradually be coming here?
They will probably spread to a bunch of forums, depending on what halo they actively work in and things like that.
Tural wrote:The solution to not losing data is having a respectable person stand up and take over the site.
Your the only person who could do that. If any one else tried or even said one thing about any of the other moderators, they would gang up and say something like:

Your point is invalid, and we do our jobs. We are fine moderators, and if we weren't then we would be in this position.

Then it would be locked, deleted or we would just get RCed.

I personally think there is no point in starting battles you can't finish. If the sites path is to crumble into pieces, then let it be.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Tural

Post by Tural »

Grimdoomer wrote:Your the only person who could do that.
I don't have the means or desire to maintain the site.
Grimdoomer wrote:If any one else tried or even said one thing about any of the other moderators, they would gang up and say something like:

Your point is invalid, and we do our jobs. We are fine moderators, and if we weren't then we would be in this position.

Um, what? Did that have anything to do with transferring ownership of the site, or did you just feel like making a personal attack? I fail to see how that is, in any way, relevant to transferring ownership of the site.
Grimdoomer wrote:I personally think there is no point in starting battles you can't finish. If the sites path is to crumble into pieces, then let it be.
Yes.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Grimdoomer wrote:If any one else tried or even said one thing about any of the other moderators, they would gang up and say something like:

+1

That's what's wrong about halomods.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Tural, I think you miss understood grim. He was saying your the only person who can suggest someone to take over halomods without being flamed to hell / RC'd / thread removed etc
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

xzodia wrote:Tural, I think you miss understood grim. He was saying your the only person who can suggest someone to take over halomods without being flamed to hell / RC'd / thread removed etc
Yes.
Tural

Post by Tural »

Oh.

Gren mentioned it himself like a year ago, and there was a huge thread about it, and I'm sure we all posted in it.

So um, I don't think it's fair to say we wouldn't allow that discussion, because Gren himself started it.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I remember that...I also remember that a fair number of people were up for it...
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I think the problem is finding someone who is trustworthy. I believe a lot of people would 'take' control of halomods just for pure personal gain.
Tural

Post by Tural »

There was, at most, two suitable people that could have.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

well it only takes 1...
neodos

Post by neodos »

Yeah well thing is nothing evolves at halomods it just dies because no one can decide something, what do you expect when you have moderators doing good moderation but have no motivation about modding which is the main purpose of the forum and the admin that is never online, it will die :| .
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Fuck halo mods, when it dies 2 more will spring in its place.
Its nastalgia its all thats left. it wont ever be as good as it was, or as good as it is here.
And just so you guys dont think im some band person mad at the site, your wrong.
Im still a member, but it does me no good, the sites always down.
Save whats left, whats good, and bring it here. Or let it die, and take the loss.
If no one here is going to do anything about it, whats this thread for.
And as for all the noobs coming here, i hate reading this shit.
Most people go to this site for all the same reasons they went to that site, (to learn how to mod, to D/L and play mods, or to show off there creativty and hard work).
The noobs of today might be great modders of tomarrow just by coming here and learning, and actually getting the help they never got over there. Hell im still a noob and a nub prolly too. Im not half as good at playing any of the halos as i was befor i open my first .map
And over 90% of my mods fail and dont get released. But with the help ive gotten at halomods and here i can do amazing things. WE ALL WERE NOOBS AT SOME POINT.
halo mods content is worth saving, maybe the site too, if things change.
Now whos going to do something about it? And what will you do? ---- Nuff said!
Tural

Post by Tural »

neodos wrote:Yeah well thing is nothing evolves at halomods it just dies because no one can decide something, what do you expect when you have moderators doing good moderation but have no motivation about modding which is the main purpose of the forum and the admin that is never online, it will die :| .
Again, you're blaming staff for people in the community doing nothing. We can't force people to release things. I had plenty of motivation concerning modding, but when it surfaced that about 95% of that modding for Halo 3 would be completely impossible for a standard user, it sort of ruined it. How can you expect people to stay motivated when they can't do anything? I don't know about you, but I would never consider spending $800 just to mod such a game.

And Ogrish, I don't even know what to say to your post. It's just a stream of consciousness, I guess. You go on about how Halomods sucks or whatever, you say fuck it, then you go back and say it's worth saving, and that it helps you, and whatever else. I fail to see the message you're trying to convey, because you contradict yourself.
neodos

Post by neodos »

I said you guys do good moderation and meant bad management of what the modding community is, because HM is now a coffee discussion.

I wasn't only talking about H3 modding, but also modding contest MOTM and stuff like that that was stopped and it wasn't pointed towards you because you weren't the only active moderator.
I wouldn't spend 800$ netheir, also when it was about h3 con resigner that anti-modding moderator is Veegie not you, but then again there's also a bunch of idiots at halomods that didn't mod trying to tell what's the currents limits of modding when they need to get updated.

Whatever, fuck it, yeah.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Yeah, the big problem at halomods is the big group of dumb people that go there and cause all the problems.
It will be sad losing it, because there is a history of modding and a wealth of information there. I realize that at some point it will have to go though. Hopefully we can salvage some of the good stuff from the site.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Maybe make new comers take a test before they can post? And if they are just idiots don't let em in? That would help a lot.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Grimdoomer wrote:Maybe make new comers take a test before they can post? And if they are just idiots don't let em in? That would help a lot.
What would the test even be about? You can't ask modding questions if they're newcomers.

Perhaps give a brief run-through of how modding works, so that newcomers can get an idea of what to discuss.