Soffish Halo 2 Editor (Bitmap Viewer)

Post here early releases of your Halo 2 mod project.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

This is part of the Bitmap Viewer that will be incorporated into Soffish.
I am posting this so that the community can help find errors in this application that I cannot otherwise find on my own.

This viewer doesn't have the internalizer or mass injection yet nor does it's injection/extraction work.
The primary purpose is to get all bitmaps readable then such functions shall be coded.

Fixed Features in this viewer:
  • DXT1 - Working
  • DXT3 - Working (*)
  • DXT5 - Working
  • A8R8G8B8 - Working
  • A4R4G4B4 - Working
  • A1R5G5B65 - Working
  • X8R8G8B8 - Working
  • R5G6B5 - Working
  • U8V8 - Working
  • A8Y8 - Working
  • AY8 - Working
  • A8 - Working
  • Y8 - Working
  • P8 - Working
  • Cubemap Bitmap Preview:
    • DXT1 - Working
    • X8R8G8B8 - Working
(*) - Incorrectly decodes, The bitmap shows somewhat degraded like a low quality JPEG.
If someone has a good DXT3 decompressing code written in C# it would appreciate it if you could post is or send it to me via PM.

3D Bitmap Preview seems to not be working in this build properly, more researching of the format it seems.
A8Y8 - Working?
AY8 - Unknown

Note:
Fixed an issue with previous bitmap viewers when it came to certain bitmaps having thier meta data incorrectly assigned.
All bitmaps should preview 100% correctly now. (A8R8G8B8's, AY8's, A8's, ect)

Error Messages:
Those whom encounter error messages with this application should save the error message description and the Details information as well as what operating system your PC runs into a text file and post that.

Bitmap Errors:
Those who find bitmaps that aren't displayed correctly or are just plain scrambled should please post the details of the tag:
The Tag name, it's format, the submap, and the map it is located in.
Attachments
Release.rar
(574.12 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"