'Deep Freeze' Beta - Exclusive for the lovely remnants

Post here early releases of your Halo 2 mod project.
xXF3RcHoXx

'Deep Freeze' Beta - Exclusive for the lovely remnants

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Yo dawg, this mod is almost finished, I have been very school busy since May and thus haven't updated the mod since then, but now everything is going smooth, I grabbed this from my xbox, it's a backup I made there just because the latest one that is playable on my xbox is a bit messed up, anyways, here are teh pix:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2295#p36871

There.

Also, couldn't get a working serenity nor SPPF so you gotta download the whole map file.

DL: https://mega.co.nz/#!kwlTERrD!BQouwRj__ ... NYMP9QdPBo

Pix:

-Rename to headlong.map
-Enable AI in MP
-Spartans are yellow team and Elites are green team
-Sometimes, some of the AI will get stuck in the building in front of the golden hog ad, that's why I, pro tempora, placed a lift in the main entrance, but they aparently ignore it as they still get stuck there. Just a notice because there can be a moment when the AI stops respawning coz of not everyone of them is dead, as the respawn script kicks in when there are 1 or 0 left, can't recall, probably 1 (they're 13)
-Tell me what do you think about the needler, it's the most underrated and underpowered weapon in this game so I modded it to be actually enjoyable, first time doing effects modding.
-If you find the easter egg, part of it is corrupted, you'll notice after you find it.
-Just tell me what do you think about the map overall, it's almost the final version, just needs some tweaking here and there
-It has happened to me that the game froze once for no apparent reason (maybe too much action going on at a time?), I tried to reproduce what I was doing before it froze but didn't happened again.

Thank you.
Last edited by xXF3RcHoXx on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
DoorM4n

Re: 'Deep Freeze' Beta - Exclusive for the lovely remnants

Post by DoorM4n »

I played this map earlier today man, and holy crap, its so good. There was so much work put into this mod that I think everyone should try this. The snow and the textures looks fantastic, and the AI are fun to play around with. Such great work man, hope you find time to mod soon.

Needler is EPIC. I was running around with that gun--something I hardly ever do. It was a tad in accurate for the amount of effects. Other than that, nice addition to the map.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Pls play this :v I just love how the pathfinding works well enough at least for the AI banshee, I have seen it fly around and between buildings without getting stuck.
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Your message contains 666707 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 30000.
So i tried pasting the output of my validation program but uhhhh
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Pastebin
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

It's over the limit for that too.

It looks like shaders are a bit out of alignment, same as ugh. And there's a data array that has a wrong pointer a few hundred times
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

Split it in half :)
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

JacksonCougar wrote:It's over the limit for that too.

It looks like shaders are a bit out of alignment, same as ugh. And there's a data array that has a wrong pointer a few hundred times
Or save it as a .txt file and upload it in your reply :v and yeah, it expected it would have those kind of errors, H2core tends to fuck everything up, but hey at least it loads and it's playable :v
We are the last stand.
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

Did you ever try to use this?

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads ... ins.23920/

He talked of promising stuff but I haven't been able to get a download for the plugins.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Thrasher Alpha wrote:Did you ever try to use this?

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads ... ins.23920/

He talked of promising stuff but I haven't been able to get a download for the plugins.
I can't say for certain, but I suspect that will be one of ours.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

He claimed stuff like this on the forum:

"You could just wait 13 days until i release my Perfect AI plugin w/ tutorial, which dives deep into the aspect of AI and scripting for AI."

"Definately worth the wait. Im adding a whole section of AI Helpers like Command Functions such as "AI goto this point" or "AI Aim at this area" or "AI Shoot at this player.""

I was able to find a download for the plugin, though it is corrupted. It was posted on ibotmods as kast named it "Ub3r extreme updated Entity Plugins". Ill upload it to see if you can get anything out of it.
Attachments
ent.rar
(88.62 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Its pretty pointless seeing as its corrupted. But really... the best thing I can do is grab the layouts out of the toolkit and 'guess' at the unlabeled values. The plugins I released a while ago were not perfect but most of them were 100 percent accurate: give or take a few. Why not use those?
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

I havent much experience messing around with AI as every time I tried it broke, plus I havent opened a map in an editor in years haha.