The new feel of Cold Winder

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
xXF3RcHoXx

The new feel of Cold Winder

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

huh? i was just playing with the lightmap and the fog, i dislike it, what you guys think?

pics:

We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
Dragonfire

Re: The new feel of Cold Winder

Post by Dragonfire »

Lightmap is too bright, fog is OK ;)
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

1. The lightmap is too bright. Bring it down slightly.
2. Fog looks great. It's better than the black sky. :wink:
3. I highly recommend you skin the temple. It doesn't blend with the map.

Otherwise, looks good. :)
Click16

Post by Click16 »

The sniper reminds me of the H3 Sniper rifle. I don't know if your trying to recreate it in Halo 2? But darken the light map and it will be good!
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Yeah, just noticed that sniper.

Cool.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

The bases and rocks do not blend what-so-ever with the snow. Try to blend in some more white/icy tones into those bitmaps and make their colour palettes match. In my opinion a good skin is one in which the eye just flows over everything without noticing anything too much, your skin as it stands right now draws the eyes to the dark rocks and the structures.

I notice that you left some plants :p

This is cool, but they should not be so bright green! Try to make them look dead, browns seem to work for this, as well as nice grays :p

I would suggest simply removing those drop-pods because they just seem to be left there, perhaps replace them with some nicely placed trees?

You also seem to have a very low crate count, I would suggest adding more dynamic items like boxes and barrels into your map, it will make gameplay more interesting :p

PS: everyone loves explosive things!

Your water: The steel gray is awesome, I love how itmakes the map feel even colder!

Your SMG skin, its too damn nice! put some scratches in that sucker, and put some different textures on the handles and the barrel parts :p
Having a painted gun is kewl, but when everything is painted the same it shows! It makes it look hasty.

I like how you changed the needler colour, I hope you have a kewl new effect to go along with it? as well as a new needler projectile?

Shotgun skin: I would say go for a nice shiny-chrome look here :p, its not very hard making it shiny, just change the shader and add a cubemap to it! :] Also cyan is not my favorite colour in the world for a site :p perhaps a hot-orange? Its nice throwing small splashes of colour into a map like this.

Another look at you structure shader reveals that you did indeed skin it :p I like the texture but would suggest you add a cubemapped shader to in instead so it shines like its glazed with ice! :p

I'm loving that sniper skin, but you gota lighten that stuff up a bit :p, its super-dark for a map this light.

Not sure I am a fan of your ground either :\ Its all super white and is way too much like containment (I am assuming it is containment)
I would suggest using a different blend shader that uses more then one texture and try to paint some details into the terrain, would be nice if you could blend the bases and unmovable objects into the ground better :p
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

omfg!

what the hell is a cubemap?

I can't skin the temple for odd reason, maybe the bumpmaps linked to it

lol, i didn't skin the water, it stills original but it looks like it because the fog lolololololollololololol
I notice that you left some plants :p
Yeah, and i left some pants :P XD

i didn't skin the shotgun, i just skin the light things over it for reminds h3 shotgun :D

Thanks! the battle rifle also has a snowy-camo skin as the SMG, edited projectile tab and projectile, clip and i removed the ugly scope :D

About the needler, i just skinned the needles and edited the contrail (i was having fun until it turned red lol)

I'm trying to remove the plants on the ground, that are just a shader linked to the bsp, i removed the [DECR] and the fooliages on the top on the cliffs

And not, the map isn't Containment, its a bsp conversion of deltaapproach_bsp_00

Thanks for the comments guys!, a picture says more than 1000 words, a video says more than 1000 pictures and a map says more 1000 videos :P

Check out "Beta Releases" forum----------- ^^
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

lawl: skinning can always be done. Trust me :p

If you need help with skinning I can do it for you over LMI or TV.

And I said the texture was containments, not the map :p