[WIP]Denouement

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
JK-47

[WIP]Denouement

Post by JK-47 »

Denouement

I've been working on this for the past couple months, due to the fact mainly is I've run into so many errors, and had to re-start everything from scratch maybe 4 or 5 times (which got pretty frustrating as you can imagine ;p). But now I'm happy to say it's coming along very nicely, and with the exception of adding in some new bumps and textures, the mod is near completion.

It's basically just a re-skin of Headlong. I've remade most of the textures in Headlong with my own textures, I'm doing new bump maps, I added new bits of scenery, edited the lightmaps, etc.

Theme

It is a night time map. The setting is Mombassa, Africa on Earth (obviously ;p).
(Onoe, cliche story! :P )
As Master Cheif went chasing the flood to Delta Halo, the struggle for Earth carried on. Many cities were used as battle zones, this sector being one of them. It is scarred with the remains of previous battles, and is no longer the great city it once was.
----
I wasn't planning on writing a story, really. Just wanted to give it some background is all :wink:

And now, pictures:

And, video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V1wTf74ZpM

I appologise for the poor quality. I had to capture it with my laptop (which isn't very good), so I had to record on medium quality. The video was just really supposed to give you an idea of the atmosphere anyways.

Edit: I completely forgot about the projects forum ;x If it would be more appropriate there, would a moderator please move it? Sorry about the inconvenience >_>

As a side note, I'd like to make it known that I couldn't have done this without you guys. Thank you for all the help, I wouldn't have made it through the first error without it.
neodos

Re: [WIP]Denouement

Post by neodos »

Well the ambience is well done, so actually this looks much more like a skin than a mod, you should do something more on the map, keep it up :wink:
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

oh datz kool.

Lookin' forward to it.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Oh man that looks insane! You should totally put bright street lights where they currently are. :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JK-47

Post by JK-47 »

I probably will do that Doorm4n. That'd mean I'd have to re-inject everything and such, but I was thinking about adding some more scenery anyways.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

i like it. ;)

do the pelican's sounds function properly?
JK-47

Post by JK-47 »

Well, I'm only using them as scenery actually ;p
That shot of the pelican cockpit was just for effect :wink:
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Are you sure you will have to re-inject everything? That would take forever, eh? Keep it up and be sure to finish it, nonetheless. :D :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JK-47

Post by JK-47 »

When I want to inject new items I gotta inject them all at the same time on a clean map, otherwise my xbox will freeze ;p It happens all the time ;O
But I've gotten really fast at injecting new items and loading in my skins because I've done it so many times, heh. But I'll definitely finish it :wink:
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Wow, this actually looks kinda cool :shock:

keep it up :D