Rotating battles

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
Ogrish

Rotating battles

Post by Ogrish »

Ok heres my idea two large custom platforms, both rotating slowly in opposite directions, both having good cover, (box's,barrels,tents, buss's, etc...). A bridge to climb on or jump to above and in between the rotating platforms as a way to get from one to the other, and similer cover spread out on bridge. A base made of mach's or blocks and a warthog on each rotationg platform. Should be fun for capture the flag, king of hill or slayer, (snipers) :p

So thats my idea whadayathink?
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Re: Rotating battles

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I'd play it.
Gary

Post by Gary »

i had an idea like this, but i had it back when i was kinda a n00b modder...
not saying its a n00b idea, i just couldn't make it at that time.

i would like to know more about your idea tho,
could you show me a pic?
like scan a drawing into a computer, then just upload it?
or make one in MSpaint.
I just want to see what your idea is.
GoldBl4d3

Post by GoldBl4d3 »

this is probably possible, as long as you can find something in Halo2 that rotates according to your Idea
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

well i started this mod, but didnt finish, because the collision of my platform wouldnt rotate, but the visual model did.

wierd huh! if you are interested in the idea, and want to know more, look here http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=75737
Pop War HomEY

Post by Pop War HomEY »

That would be such a kick-ass map. :shock:
Gary

Post by Gary »

if you dont mind, i'm learning about machs and i could maybe make somthing like this, i wont post it as my own.
it will just show well this idea works, and you can see if you like it.
GoldBl4d3 wrote:this is probably possible, as long as you can find something in Halo2 that rotates according to your Idea
many things rotate in h2, and i think i now the best one too.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

its just an idea, of mine. i dont care who makes it happen, or makes anything similar.
id play it if its fun. I havnt been working on this since i failed the first time. maybe ill attempt again someday.

good luck on your mod, and if you need help, ill help where i can.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Ogrish wrote:its just an idea, of mine. i dont care who makes it happen, or makes anything similar.
id play it if its fun. I havnt been working on this since i failed the first time. maybe ill attempt again someday.

good luck on your mod, and if you need help, ill help where i can.
i was thinking maybe take the win-mill from zanzibar and swapping all the models with that lift from flood lab. (mode,coll,phmo)
so then it would work right?
(only one way to find out)
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

it dosnt work for me, when i edit a mach, by swapping models they show up but dont move.
they have to be linked to the jmad somhow. usaully i can get the visual model rotating, but the phomo is stationary. thats why i havnt finished this mod.

ill retry, maybe i did somthing wrong.
you should contact captain poop face he did a map called Carousel that has a similar concept.
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=63764
neodos

Post by neodos »

It's probably linked to something called "node" on phmo coll and mode but i guess something else more for phmo too.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Ogrish wrote: you should contact captain poop face he did a map called Carousel that has a similar concept.
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=63764
Yeah, but if i remember correctly, he actually used the zanzibar wheel, not have it something dif that uses the same rotating principle...
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

You know... you could use the Zanzibar wheel, but with a different model. Then use neodos' tutorial to edit its collision to your liking.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:You know... you could use the Zanzibar wheel, but with a different model. Then use neodos' tutorial to edit its collision to your liking.
ya, cus its that easy when it more than likely has more vertices and such :roll:
neodos

Post by neodos »

K i am gonna attempt to get a big plaform that spins.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

NotZachary82 wrote:
Aumaan Anubis wrote:You know... you could use the Zanzibar wheel, but with a different model. Then use neodos' tutorial to edit its collision to your liking.
ya, cus its that easy when it more than likely has more vertices and such :roll:
I didn't say it was gonna be easy :|
neodos

Post by neodos »

Well, it seems that the rotating phmo are using physics models and not the reflexive that i show on my tut, so it's way more complex, i believe that planes+ bounding boxes + vehicles parts are for the physics model and the uknow reflexives, in my opinion the parallelepipedal model can't be used to spin, i mean to be animated :/

so you could take the simplest phmo model that uses vehicle part, bouding boxes and planes, and try to find the bitmask that make it rotate and also links it to the jmad and then resize the phmo model.