ProphetXNA

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
Prey

ProphetXNA

Post by Prey »

Hi yall. Had a lot of free time recently and so have been improving my XNA skills by remaking my bsp viewer in it. I got detail maps working the other day too so it looks pretty nice now, woo!..

Horrible frame rate though, hello culling tutorials!..

I'll release it here when I stop working on it if you guys want.
XZodia
Staff

Re: ProphetXNA

Post by XZodia »

Looks most awesome. I've wanted to do this for a long time...You should have told me you were doing this =P
What are your plans for this? Are you doing models (weap, vehi etc) and scnr placements?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Prey

Post by Prey »

Well it just started as something small, I didn't know if I was really going to move that far with it at the time: take a look at the picture of it's first build-

:lol:

I want to have a correct skybox, alpha sorting from viewpoint, decal.. and also spawns. With things like the warthog I'll look into normal maps too.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

lol, sounds good, normal maps shouldn't be difficult you just need a shader which I think you should be able to get from the creators website.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Prey

Post by Prey »

Welll not exactly, but the hlsl code isn't what I struggle with; it's more todo with where the dynamic lights are coming from. Originally I thought it just combined with the lightmap, but only recently I now understand that you couldn't really combine the two what with lightmaps being a static light source and normal maps being a real time lighting calculation. Now I think it must be the light from your visor, but I've yet to code it so we'll see I guess..